TO bag, or not to bag, that is the question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Afiggis

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just picked up a 98 3500 crewcab dually pickup. 4x4. Rides like crap. Way to many leafs in my spring pack. Trying to figure the best suspension setup for the long haul. I could just get a new set of springs for about a grand. Or maybe a bag setup. Or maybe leafs with bag helpers. Not really into the lowered look but being able to drop the rear for loading would be nice. Worried about longevity of bags and durability as this is a truck for working not showing. Seems like any car with factory air ride has issues and no truck has bags from the factory. Yet big rigs do. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
How many leaves do you have? My dually came with an oddball 7 main, single lower overload, no upper overload setup and it rode like ****. The lower overload was upside down too, what a mess that was. I put in a stock 5 main, single lower, single upper and the ride is pretty nice unless I hit a bump that knocks me into the upper overload, then it kicks back pretty hard.

Afiggis

Reaction score
How many leaves do you have? My dually came with an oddball 7 main, single lower overload, no upper overload setup and it rode like ****. The lower overload was upside down too, what a mess that was. I put in a stock 5 main, single lower, single upper and the ride is pretty nice unless I hit a bump that knocks me into the upper overload, then it kicks back pretty hard.
8 main plus one helper. Waay too many

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Curios? With numbers of bagged suspension products on the market, a complete system can get real expensive. Without any exposure to this class of suspension, how are the bags themselves holding up? Do any failures come with normal use as some use these for helpers, bags only for smoother daily ride while the last bunch use these for lowering the truck. I would guess that once installed, if you have a failure, you have to go back to purchase a replacement from the OE vendor as each are different. As we go head first into 2019, seeing Dodge commercials with standard bagged option and their must be some history of reliability overall. What say the experienced in this crowd?