Tires for Lowered and 17's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought some wheels that I found a good deal on, 17x8 4.5" BS all around.

What would be a good tire size for a lowered 4-5 front and 6-7 rear? Did a search but only found a few and the sizes were all over it seemed, so figured I'd ask for any current suggestions. I can figure out the same tire height easy enough with an online calc BUT I wanted to hear form others on what they think LOOKS good.

Not worried bout mph being off, I drive off the tach in some of my cars anyway. Again online calc plug in info for spd.

Also figured some may suggest the front vs rear size.

Truck has 20's 245/45r20 atm but we'll see how they work out when lowered and I wanted 17's to swap on sometimes anyway.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Wheels the same width front/rear I would be tempted to keep same size tires front/rear as well. If you want to go wider on the rear a little bit would be fine but height differences in tires on lowered trucks always looks weird to me.

I had 17x8.5 Boyds on my '92 forever ago, ran the Impala SS OEM size tires, 255/50/17. Not sure if that's going to work for you up front with only 4.5" backspacing; it might - pretty sure I recall my wheels were 5"

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like they'll work yours would been only 0.2 deeper if 5" BS

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The spindles that came on my parts truck should be Beltech. Guy never put the shocks on and they are in Beltech boxes n was told it was an entire F&R kit.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The spindles that came on my parts truck should be Beltech. Guy never put the shocks on and they are in Beltech boxes n was told it was an entire F&R kit.
Well, in that case. I'm now running 17x8's with 4.5 backspacing. 225/55R17 tires. I get the very slightest of rubs on big dips. That's with no fender rolling. I think my rub could be eliminated with a little negative camber it's so slight.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a set of 20x8's W/ 4.5 BS on my Suburban when it was 5/7, ran 27" tires and didn't have any problems. Had rolled fender lips though, would have hit otherwise. If you roll the fenders you should be fine to run 27" tires.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a set of 20x8's W/ 4.5 BS on my Suburban when it was 5/7, ran 27" tires and didn't have any problems. Had rolled fender lips though, would have hit otherwise. If you roll the fenders you should be fine to run 27" tires.

I can roll the fronts, gonna get some new fenders but the box is stepside so fiberglass. Still Mi roads prob would be no time before I bend a wheel with that low profile of a tire if I use the 20's. Not that they are great wheels or a matched set, 3 came with the truck and I bought 3 more dirt cheap wheels.

Well not sure how low it'll end up, truck will be lightened a bit and I may try a few things to dial it in, we'll see.

Thx for the info guys