Tire Question!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
It's a catch 22. The bigger, wider tire will need the truck cranked up so in reality your still not filling the space.

285's are the next step up from 265's. I'm not sure there's much in between. Not to say there isn't some odd combination of wheel width/offset/tire size that works that I'm not aware of.
I took some mesurements and the truck is actually leveled, roughly 37" from ground to fenderwell all the way around, so i dont know what size tire i could fit with the truck being leveled

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
It's a catch 22. The bigger, wider tire will need the truck cranked up so in reality your still not filling the space.

285's are the next step up from 265's. I'm not sure there's much in between. Not to say there isn't some odd combination of wheel width/offset/tire size that works that I'm not aware of.
So i decided to level it and i ordered some wheels and tires. Vision prowlers, 20x10s -51 offset, and some 33x12.50s

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With a x12 and that much offset your gonna have to run the torsion bars up as far as they will go, do some trimming and your probably still gonna be scrubbing.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
With a x12 and that much offset your gonna have to run the torsion bars up as far as they will go, do some trimming and your probably still gonna be scrubbing.
I ordered a rough country leveling keys kit

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2, aftermarket keys are a complete waste of money on these trucks.