Tie rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I like Moog..... they have boots that are permanently attached like the OEM parts. That holds the grease in where it needs to be.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Professional at a minimum (versus advantage). I’d consider Moog or Proforged as well.

I put some Proforged front and rear sway bar links on the witches 2010 ford escape this summer and they seemed to be pretty good quality.

I'm kinda pissed off about the loaded, Moog upper A arms that were "problem solvers" for my truck I bought from R A. There is no "Prob/solver" stamped on them, and not on the plate on backside of the ball joints.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm kinda pissed off about the loaded, Moog upper A arms that were "problem solvers" for my truck I bought from R A. There is no "Prob/solver" stamped on them, and not on the plate on backside of the ball joints.

As far as I know their upper arms with ball joints have never been part of the Problem Solver line. I noticed that lack of branding years ago.

Where are you seeing that they are listed that way? https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4796907&cc=1303614&jsn=535

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm leaning on the Proforged. Has anyone used them ?

No, but I've read their Taiwanese parts.... which is supposed to be the reason why the company can offer a better product at a decent price. However, they don't look impressive to me at all..... looks like the boots are just sitting there un-attached. I'd go for the Mevotech Terrain Tough parts if I didn't know the Moogs were good.

The pictures for parts are often not accurate because suppliers/designs get switched. Last I checked the Moog pictures showed un-attached boots, yet I've gotten them several times and they've always been attached. Other times, I've seen pictures of attached boots (other brands) and I get the crappy un-attached boots.