Throttle position sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBSlates

Reaction score
I have a question about throttle position sensors. I recently purchased a used throttle body for my 92 Chevy pickup. My plan was to rebuild it and install it on the truck so I would have a spare. I was looking at the two throttle bodies and realized that they both had different throttle position sensors. I looked up the part #’s on each and the one I purchased was for a 1986-90 350. The sensors are completely different and they both have different bolt patterns. I was wondering if there was an adapter to be able to run the older throttle body on my truck, or if I have to change the plug on my truck to the older style. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there are adapter harnesses to connect the vehicle harness to the "incorrect" TPS sensor.

I've never used one, but I don't think there's any reason to think they wouldn't work. Make sure that you buy the correct style adapter for your vehicle.

Examples (there are other brands)
www.summitracing.com/parts/fst-308022

www.summitracing.com/parts/fst-308030

TreeGeared

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May want to check the bore size on that throttle body. I seem to remember running an odd throttle body and it was off of a cadillac small v8. It had smaller throttle bores.