Threaded holes on the back wall of my 92 K3500 CC DRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Anybody know what they are for? It has a large (12"x 12") 4 bolt pattern. The top ones are larger than the bottom ones. I believe they are factory because the carpet has cutouts for them. The cut outs are very cleanly done. The previous owner (drunken monkey that did body work with hatchets) couldn't have done it. I am cleaning up the disaster area the PO left and I want to make it as nice as possible. I don't believe it is for the tire tools because they bolt down on the passenger side.

Thanks in Advance,

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no idea ,but I'm curious. Post a pic please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe someone had an amp mounted there?

This was my first thought as well. A picture would help, but I'm betting whatever it is it's not factory.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I will snap a photo or 2 tomorrow when I herculiner the floor. How do I upload them? Please answer like I'm a 3 year old. I'm not computer savvy

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Some pics. The back wall carpet is upside down in the image.

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Very much not factory. Someone drilled holes probably to mount an amp, or possibly other equipment depending on the truck's past life, and threw some nutserts in the holes.

Richard

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very much not factory. Someone drilled holes probably to mount an amp, or possibly other equipment depending on the truck's past life, and threw some nutserts in the holes.

Richard
Agreed [emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Factory isn't always perfect, but that's way off for factory..... holes are sqaure to the body, holes in carpet look hacked.