Thorley Tri Y headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to me. Picked these up new on eBay for $425.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'll update with install stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Looking forward to the install update! Is your truck 4wd or 2wd?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice, I love mine. Really woke up my 98. The only issue Ive had with mine is finding replacement donut gaskets. The stockers are to small, and ones for big block are to big to fit into the pipes.
I ended up using 3 bolt 2.5" flange gaskets.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
It'll be a couple of weeks before I do the install. I'm going out of town next weekend and I hate to start this because it's just asking for something to go wrong.

I am trying to decide on mufflers. The PO did a Flowmaster with a single 3" inlet and dual 2.25" outlets. I could just keep that, or go with true duals. I'm leaning towards changing that.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I got around to getting the headers installed this weekend. I went out of town to visit a friend that had access to a garage with a lift and he said "bring the headers". It took much longer to do than I thought (9AM to 7PM) mainly because of the 19 year old EGR connection and the 19 year old studs on the catalytic converter flange. 2 of the 3 converter bolts wrung off. The 3rd was mangled so much that a socket wouldn't hold. No sweat, sawsall. Not so fast. The blade would cut through the bolt, but the stud was so hard it just ate the blade. Ended up chiseling it off. Then, all we had to do was knock the old studs out and use bolts. About 2 more hours and with some heat and an air hammer, we got it.

It is a really nice setup. Very think flanges. The pipes connect directly to the converters. Instructions say to cut one inch in front of the weld on the converters. You really need to cut much closer because the pipes narrow down there enough to create a restriction. It seems to have a little more power, but I haven't really gotten into it enough to really have a good idea of how much better. Forgive the welding.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
thanks for sharing! i would love to get my hands on some of these.