This coming weekend ...busy busy busy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
So a few months ago I broke a u joint cracked my bell housing busted my radiator..... my rings are already weak so I been burning oil bad in my 350 this weekend I'm hauling my 92 escb to a friends along with my crate motor that only has 10k on it yanking the rv cam and lifters out and putting a slightly bigger one in it having the bell housing welded gutting the catalytic converter swapping to serpentine belt system and accessories fixing both rear u joints and eliminating the tbi going carb hopefully by Sunday I have the motor ready to go back in

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eliminating the tbi going carb
Sounds like fun! I wouldn't go to a carb but, that's me. Are you running a manual trans? If an auto, how are you going to control it? What distributor are you going to use? Are you even keeping your PCM?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He is a 5 speed. I would stay injected as well. This poor guy keeps having major parts failing. I believe that he has replaced the tranny, transfer case and possibly the rear end. Now he is looking at an engine. Sheesh!

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
He is a 5 speed. I would stay injected as well. This poor guy keeps having major parts failing. I believe that he has replaced the tranny, transfer case and possibly the rear end. Now he is looking at an engine. Sheesh!
Your right truck has 315k+ miles on it I abused it after I got it and who knows what was done before me but I've had the nv4500 completely rebuilt and t case and in had the rear ring and pinion overhauled then the spider gears grenades so I threw a locker in and the motor would use some oil here and there since I had it and im going to eventually have ls put in it but I'm buying a 350 4 bolt with a rv cam and 10k miles for 400 buck and I have a bigger cam to put in it. I'm leaving all the wiring I'm going to tie it back because I'm going to be putting a 5.3 in it when I build my 1 ton I will be putting a 6.2 ls in that but i just need to get it back on the road.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Yeah everything I have one thing fixed something else breaks lol at least once the motor is switched there's nothing left big un touched that will keep it from driving. By the time it's done its basically going to be all new drivetrain but the front end

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah everything I have one thing fixed something else breaks lol
Been there done that! What you're proposing is spending money on a temporary fix, doesn't make sense. Keep the TBI, keep it running until you can afford the LS swap or, just stick with TBI and upgrades.

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Been there done that! What you're proposing is spending money on a temporary fix, doesn't make sense. Keep the TBI, keep it running until you can afford the LS swap or, just stick with TBI and upgrades.
I cant keep it running any longer this time it went down I was 3 quarts low on oil and I filled it the morning it went down less than 8 hours later its blowing so much pressure back in to the crank case its shoving oil through the intake and I need my baby back so I can get back to work and move

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
More of a long term temporary fix because when I do ls swap I'm not putting a stock 5.3 in it im going to build something