Third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you mean by "blink?"

The Anzo units work just like the factory ones, nothing should ever "blink" on them. Brake light comes on when you hit the brakes, cargo lights come on when the switch is on and the dome lights are lit.
What I mean by blink is the cargos come on when locking the door(with the dome light) because my aftermarket doesn’t do that

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure if it works that way because I've never tried it. Not sure if I could give you an accurate answer anyway. Both of my '97s have aftermarket keyless entry/remote start systems that flash the lights in a different manner than the factory setup, I can still test it tomorrow if you want though.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure if it works that way because I've never tried it. Not sure if I could give you an accurate answer anyway. Both of my '97s have aftermarket keyless entry/remote start systems that flash the lights in a different manner than the factory setup, I can still test it tomorrow if you want though.
Thanks man. What remote start system do you have? I’m looking to get one

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks man. What remote start system do you have? I’m looking to get one

To be honest I can't remember exactly. They're CrimeStopper units, I have the paperwork for them with model numbers but I'd have to dig for it. I had them installed in both trucks over a decade ago at this point so I'm sure that wouldn't help you much anyway.

I went and tested my red '97 for operation of the cargo lights with the key fob this morning. When I lock and unlock my trucks the interior lights do not illuminate, so therefore the cargo lights won't either. I'm not sure if the factory keyless system illuminates the interior lights on button presses or not, it's been so long since my trucks have had their factory systems operational that I can't remember. My trucks with the aftermarket keyless systems definitely do not.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having just reinstalled the factory keyless entry, I can say that the interior light do work with the fob.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having just reinstalled the factory keyless entry, I can say that the interior light do work with the fob.
Yes my interior do but I wanted the cargo to come on with the fob as well. I’m just goin to install remote start

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
With cargo light switched on, it should come on as well if the dome lights come on when you unlock it, but I can't say for sure. I wish I could confirm it, since my 97 has the factory keyless entry. Alas, I don't have a remote.