There is L29 power to be made...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can make power out of a 454 with a lot less effort; 0411 swap, a good tune, good exhaust and boom you've got a good start. Tuning alone makes such a difference it blows me away.

That's something that drives me out of my mind with these "budget" performance builds, they always do something outlandish that no average joe would do.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The L29 has a very mild almost "lazy" cam from the factory. Cam, and tuning does wonders to wake them up.
My 2000 K2500 had 2-7/8" to the muffler then went into a single 2-7/8" tailpipe.
I had a converter plug, so when I removed it I swapped to 3" back to the muffler, then to single 3-1/2" muffler and tailpipe. I had it all on the shelf for another project that never panned out

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the Red Green Show, but I think I missed that episode!

Jeffro87

Reaction score
I did the swap 411 swap, bosch injectors blah blah. I can make this a ***** ape (considering black box pcm) or actually grab 13mpg out of it. 10-11mpg at best in 20 years i have owned it. BUT I have not been able to find a tune that allows it to idle smooth at start-up , occasional start-up stall when warm. anyone actually have a "good tune" for hp tuner. all the ones i am able to get take me from fast to slow with no happy medium.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the swap 411 swap, bosch injectors blah blah. I can make this a ***** ape (considering black box pcm) or actually grab 13mpg out of it. 10-11mpg at best in 20 years i have owned it. BUT I have not been able to find a tune that allows it to idle smooth at start-up , occasional start-up stall when warm. anyone actually have a "good tune" for hp tuner. all the ones i am able to get take me from fast to slow with no happy medium.

@Christian Steffen can probably get you started in the right direction, him and @Mangonesailor helped me with my 0411, I think I've got segments of a tune Christian cooked up, some of Mangone, as well as a few bits of the tune programmed by Lextech.

My truck is relatively stock with a set of 19Lb Bosch injectors from 5O Motorsports, and my idle is pretty smooth, and it's still got a decent amount of power.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

PM me.. if you already have hp tuners I can share what i have and look at some logs..