Theftlock radio code retreival?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devils Cut

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1995 with the original Theftlock radio. Radio is not locked and working fine but I do not have the unlock code if it ever loses 12v power/memory. Is there a way to get the code out of the radio? Thank you.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never heard of a code for these. I thought one would perform a (vehicle) theft relearn and as long as the OE programs match, the radio works.
My '00 Denali seems to trip the theft system and that's all I do...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1995 with the original Theftlock radio. Radio is not locked and working fine but I do not have the unlock code if it ever loses 12v power/memory. Is there a way to get the code out of the radio? Thank you.
Is there a small orange blinking light in the corner of the head unit? Upper left hand, I think (not in truck at the moment!). IIRC the owners manual said if that light was blinking, the theftlock was active. If no light, it's not active. I never set it up on my trucks, and I don't think any previous owners did either. All that's ever happened when the battery was disconnected, was the clock and any station presets would have to be reset.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you may already have your answer, but whenever I have bought used GM vehicles I’ve gone to the local dealership parts counter with my registration and they’ve given me every necessary code without any charge.