The wife's diesel Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Negative. Pulling the actuator off today.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Actuator is off. Split it open and found everything looking to be in good serviceable condition. Guess I'll just dab some solder in the few spots that commonly come loose and send it.

If it still acts up I know I have issues elsewhere. The linkage and vanes move freely on the turbo side. The motor could just be getting sticky when it gets hot too. Like a hot starter not wanting to crank. If that's the case I'll have to buy a new one.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It limped again. Time for a new actuator. Also gotta get a brake controller now. I just bought a camper.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Brake controller is in. Jeep tows the camper wonderfully. Still limping but only when it's calling for full boost. We just had some financial changes (minor) but it will get a new actuator before winter since the wife will need it for bad weather driving.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Turbo actuator is in! 15 mins and $600 later. But I have all the psi's again and no more limp mode! Also got the brake controller hooked up correctly as well now. I effed up the first time and didn't get the input from the brake light hooked up so it wouldn't activate the brakes with the pedal. I could do it with the lever on the controller though so it wasn't nearly as sketchy as it could have been. (oops!)
You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It limped again. Gotta get it in and get codes pulled to see what it could be. Less than a year on this turbo actuator so I'm hoping this one hasn't failed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk