The wife's diesel Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Injector seals and o rings ordered. Should be in tomorrow. I'm just doing the one that is problematic. From what all I have heard is they're hit and miss. Some eventually leak. Some last 300k miles without a problem. I have 6 seals and o rings for the line connection just in case I have any more issues down the road.

I think the next mod will be the elephant hose. It's relatively cheap and will help immensely with the oil leakage issue. Then I'll be looking into swirl motor bypass until I can get a tune loaded into this thing.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Injector seals are done. The black crud is all crystalized burned hardened fuel. It was over an inch deep at the front and it ran back covering the center injector. I didn't want to go in for round two so I pulled the middle injector and replaced that seal as well just to be sure. It was fine of course.

I chipped and vacuumed out as much of that black death **** as I could reach. It was gnarly. When the engine is up to temp it's like Taffy. When it's cold, it's almost like a wet jolly rancher. It sticks to everything but chips apart decent. I couldn't get a couple spots due to the structure of the valve covers but I got a majority of that **** out of there. Hoping for many more hours of exhaust fume free idling now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Also going to note that for being a Mercedes power plant, this thing is actually quite DIY friendly. Most of the common service items so far, seem to be fairly accessible. The serpentine belt appears to have seen better days. I have to get a few mods done to this thing and I'll be cleaning under the hood as thoroughly as I can. The vacuum hose to the booster rubbed through at some point before our ownership and shot oil all over the front of the engine. It's nasty up there. I'll do a good thorough underhood cleaning as soon as I get some other things squared away on it.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well I ran out and got a few things today. I'll hopefully have this elephant hose mod done as soon as I can find an intake tube plug. I located some nice silicone hose. So far the injector seals seem to be holding. Also located oil for the oil change. It's readily available at the dealership so that's really nice.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
But does it roll coal yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
The couple times I've set the pedal to the wood, it's gotten a little hazy. And then it immediately starts a regen cycle lol. I avoid that because the regen cycle on this, has the injectors pulse one more injection event on the exhaust stroke as opposed to having a DPF injector in the exhaust itself. This means fuel washing down the cylinders, excessive turbo egt exposure......blah blah blgovernmentemissionsregulationscansuckmydickah

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
So a couple days ago the thing started dumping fuel on the ground. Some quick investigating showed the number 3 injector was soaked. I figured I broke the return line fitting........ 4 dealerships later I was convinced I would need to yank the injection pump to find a serial number on the block, so I could buy a $300 set of return lines (can't just buy fittings. Need the whole assembly)due to the fact that not having the tool (only available from Mercedes) breaks the fitting retainers and/or the fittings being one time use (didn't make much sense due to their design)

Accepting that I just cost myself $300 was a hard pill to swallow so I dig back in just to see if maybe I didn't get the fitting seated all the way. It was seated, but it didn't move freely like all the others. So I popped it loose and wouldn't ya know, the o ring had a nice chunk hanging off it. I guess I just didn't replace that one since I never pulled that injector. And the one that was on there was stiff and had expanded so when I went to reattach the fitting, it bit the o ring. I put a new o ring on and the fitting popped into place like butter, lock ring snapped down smooth, and the fitting swiveled nice and free like the rest. Fired up and no more leaks. A fair bit of degreaser and some water and she was clean.

One time use my ass. Gentle coaxing and patience wins again. Back to modding.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got everything I need to vent the crank case to atmosphere. Just need the weather to cooperate.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Elephant hose mod completed! Pretty happy with how it turned out. I even was able to retain the factory hose heater so it won't set off any soft codes if it goes to the dealer.

Oil change done, and got some new reverse lights for it. Sylvania Zevos. Waiting on the a/c condenser. I need to get an intercooler for it now too. I'll do them together. Then it's time to get a tune, and tint it.

Tyler/T-Unit
You must be registered for see images