The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OK, so that peer pressure is something else.. before you could say "You won't" - I did :)

And yeah, practically no tension at all on the pack once it's out of the truck. When I saw how easily it came apart the fuzzy memory from 14+ years ago un-fuzzed and I remember it being no big deal then, either. The clamps pretty much just kept everything in line making it easier to R&R the center bolt.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so that peer pressure is something else.. before you could say "You won't" - I did :)

And yeah, practically no tension at all on the pack once it's out of the truck. When I saw how easily it came apart the fuzzy memory from 14+ years ago un-fuzzed and I remember it being no big deal then, either. The clamps pretty much just kept everything in line making it easier to R&R the center bolt.

Richard
You.....did already!

Better to ask than injure yourself when memory doesn't serve precisely.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Next up on the dummy list. Carrier bearing spacer. I've used them in the past to restore some angle to the driveshaft when dropping the rear.. but in this case I'm wondering WTH to do.

The traditional carrier bearing spacer setup moves the carrier bearing UP when you put the spacer between the carrier bearing and the crossmember. As per instructions with the flip kit, the familiar arrangement - crossmember, carrier bearing sits on top, spacer goes in-between:

But on this '93 C3500 dually, the carrier bearing is in the opposite orientation - hangs off an angled bracket UNDER a different style of crossmember, and aims down. Installing the spacer looks like it would create a disaster here, a downward-angled driveshaft that also sits off to the side a little bit.

Got me scratching my head here. The rest of the rear drop is done, except for this. I'm almost thinking slice-and-dice the bracket if needed, chop roughly the thickness of the spacer out of the bracket and re-weld. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Richard

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven’t seen that before. I was looking at mine yesterday. The instructions say to clearance the cab if needed for the carrier bearing. I don’t think I’m going to have to do that on mine, which is nice.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got an angle finder? Get the truck on the ground and see if the spacer is even needed.
For anyone who doesn’t already have it, upload “Measure” in App Store for free. The digital angle finder is as accurate as the digital ones you can buy.

Attachments

• IMG_4467.png
    IMG_4467.png
    111.2 KB · Views: 4

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Further down the path.. getting ready to order a few things I forgot I'd need, and one of the sway bar end links broke off while removing (rusted thin where it went through the LCA.)

These are 7.5" long bolts with a 2.25" spacer. Truck is the '93 C3500 dually. With the Belltech 722SP 5/8 drop (not using the 1" coil spacers) wouldn't I end up needing shorter end links anyway? I'm in the middle of re-assembly so it'll probably become obvious once I line the bar back up, but just in case someone knew off hand what works, that would be awesome.

Richard

1994rcsbLS

Reaction score
hey all, so i have the ( i think ) belltech 689ND kit on my 94... i really wanna bring it up about an inch. all around ( 5/7" drop) what can i do to accomplish this?