The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be able to tell me what the factory offset/backspacing is on the 8 lug steelies are? I don’t have access to my truck right now, she’s in storage thankfully.

Edit: disregard. I was asking because I saw that Billet Specialties was reproducing some of their 90s wheels in original sizes all the way up to 28s. I inquired about a set of 18s with 8x165 bolt pattern. Sales rep said they don’t offer 8 lug anymore and won’t do it custom. Huge bummer.

Last edited:

Al_Bundy

Reaction score
Hello, i’m new here. Here’s my 1994 c1500 long bed, i plan on lowering my truck sometime this year and would like some advice & input on how to lower this girl and (or attempt to) get the best ride quality possible. However truck is my daily driver, i don’t hold stuff in the bed at the moment but if i have to put something in the back i would like to be able to. Either want to do a 3/5 drop or 4/6 drop. I also have in consideration full custom rear suspension if that’s what i have to do but if i don’t have to then i won’t. Hopefully i made sense, sorry people this is my first post and first gmt400. Thank you. :)
I vote 4/6. I dropped my RCLB on a Belltech kit with a c-notch and couldn’t be happier with the comfort.

dirtbag107

Reaction score
My first post.. I’m looking for feedback from anyone who has installed drop hangers on a C1500 long bed (mine is a 1992), BellTech says the hangers are not designed for RCLB and to be prepared to cut or drill but can’t say why or what is involved, they also can’t say anything about correcting the pinion angle since RCLB was never part of their R&D.

I’m going to use DJM 3” LCA’s and BellTech hangers, shackles and street performance shocks. This is as low as I’ll go, not interested in C notches or bags. I didn’t realize there was a problem with the hangers on a long bed when I ordered everything.. “Check fitment” on Summit gave me the thumbs up… but here I am with the parts and trying to prepare for a PIA install.

Does anyone have pics of their hangers installed on a long bed? Or could describe how much cutting or how much drilling you got into? This was my dads truck and it’s in such good shape, I dont even know for sure that I want to go through with a hack job installation. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely a "stupid lowered question" candidate -

Why does Belltech's site tell me their 722SP (or 722ND) kit doesn't fit a '93 regular cab dually, only extended and crew cab? It's spindles, springs, flip kit, and shocks. They don't show a 5/8 kit for a regular cab. What gives?

Richard

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely a "stupid lowered question" candidate -

Why does Belltech's site tell me their 722SP (or 722ND) kit doesn't fit a '93 regular cab dually, only extended and crew cab? It's spindles, springs, flip kit, and shocks. They don't show a 5/8 kit for a regular cab. What gives?

Richard
That’s gotta be a mistake on their end right? If you pick out the individual components for front and rear it doesn’t say it is incompatible. I used your truck to find components.
6926 - rear flip kit 8”
3700 - 3” spindles
12600 - 2” springs

If you look at the component listing on 722SP, it shows the same components I picked out individually, which were compatible with a regular cab DRW.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dirtbag107

Reaction score
Special thanks to Moparmat2000 who is indeed awesome for his detailed posts back in 2018 on the RCLB hangers issue!! Pinion shim choice is still a mystery for now but there‘s a lot of work to do before I‘m worried about that. I’ll keep reading in the meantime, he probably has another detailed post on that too lol

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s gotta be a mistake on their end right? If you pick out the individual components for front and rear it doesn’t say it is incompatible. I used your truck to find components.
6926 - rear flip kit 8”
3700 - 3” spindles
12600 - 2” springs

If you look at the component listing on 722SP, it shows the same components I picked out individually, which were compatible with a regular cab DRW.

You must be registered for see images attach
The discrepancy for the kit form is they claim the rear shock #2212IF (Street Performance) isn't compatible with a C3500 regular cab, only the #8502 (Nitro Drop) - but if you look up that same kit with the Nitro Drop shock option, 722ND, it also says it isn't compatible. Kinda baffling. I'll be on the phone to them before ordering a $1500+ drop kit though that's for sure. ;)

Richard

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
The discrepancy for the kit form is they claim the rear shock #2212IF (Street Performance) isn't compatible with a C3500 regular cab, only the #8502 (Nitro Drop) - but if you look up that same kit with the Nitro Drop shock option, 722ND, it also says it isn't compatible. Kinda baffling. I'll be on the phone to them before ordering a $1500+ drop kit though that's for sure. ;)

Richard
Post the results of that conversation, so I'll know what to order. One of these days.

NCchris

Reaction score
Hi, new here. Lowering my 93 long bed standard cab using BellTech 2-4 kit. My question has to do with the rear spring hangers. It looks like I will need to modify one of the bed attachment brackets as the spring hanger and the bed attachment bracket want to occupy the same space. Anyone done a long bed with the BellTech kit?

NCchris

Reaction score
I am part way thru this project. The bed attachment brackets do need to be modified! Simple job with a 4-1/2" side grinder. The bolts on the drivers' side are a real ***** to install because the frame is so close to the gas tank. I so far have 3 of the 4 bolts in and don't know how I am going to get the last one. Probably have to drop the tank. The air chisel is definitely your friend!