The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed

Edit: just noticed the date, this was actually before it was put in during diagnostics, so I think they might owe me an alignment
You must be registered for see images attach

Fer sure, everything on this list but the shocks would affect your alignment. The ridetech arms should compensate for the lowered geometry but dont be surprised if they try to sell you eccentric bolts.

JacekPSUr1

Reaction score
I have a 1998 C1500, and I'm looking to lower it. I'm not looking to slam it, but make it look and handle better. I was originally debating 4/6, but I want to be able to run my 5th gen 20" Camaro wheels and I'm concerned I'll rub. Should I go with Belltech 2/4 or 4/6?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the lowering kits (yet), but I'll throw in some advice that you may not want to hear. If you don't like what I'm saying, that's fine, I just want to let you know what you're in for.

If you're lowering for handling, don't go with 20" wheels. They're heavy and the lower profile tires will kill your ride. Also, you'll lose handling capability on any kind of rough road. Smaller wheels with fat sidewalls have more ultimate grip with less responsiveness. Larger wheels with short sidewalls don't conform as well to rough surfaces but 'feel' more sporty.

Camaro wheels aren't a bolt-on. Our trucks have the 5x5 bolt pattern while newer Camaros have the 5x120mm bolt pattern. You'll need adapters, which add even more unsprung weight.

The majority here will tell you 4/6 or nothing, and I'm in that camp. A 4/6 drop won't put it in the weeds and a 2/4 looks almost stock to me. Whenever I get my 1-ton up and running I plan on putting a 5/7 drop on my stepside.