The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So realizimg that i can cut the springs on the front all i have ti do is by rear shocks and hangers and ill have a 2/4 ;)

I dont have anyone to help set the bed off and my wife is 22 weeks pregnant but i ould scoot the bed back...need to do fuel pump anyways
Yes, but the hangers can be a bìtch. Allow yourself double the time you think you'll need.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, but the hangers can be a bìtch. Allow yourself double the time you think you'll need.
Oh yeah I have been doing my research on them. I think my honda is ready to be back on the road so I can park the truck the in the shop.

My shop isn't quite big enough to close the doors with the bed slid back or set to the side. Thinking about rigging something up so I can just pic the bed straight up from the rafters

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Back in the day, when I needed to change the fuel pump on a longbed Toyota by myself. I took all the bed bolts out, except the back two, and just ran those out till the nut was at the end of the bolt, but still using all the threads in the nut.

Pried the front of the bed up enough to get a 4x4 wood scrap between the bed and frame. Then slid a scissor jack in there, next to a bed floor brace, and jacked the bed up as high as it would go. Braced it up with more wood, and had plenty of room to do the fuel pump.

Sketchy? Probably, but it got the job done.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could buy this or make one yourself like it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

that would be nice but i'll prolly be doing more redneck engineering lol
Back in the day, when I needed to change the fuel pump on a longbed Toyota by myself. I took all the bed bolts out, except the back two, and just ran those out till the nut was at the end of the bolt, but still using all the threads in the nut.

Pried the front of the bed up enough to get a 4x4 wood scrap between the bed and frame. Then slid a scissor jack in there, next to a bed floor brace, and jacked the bed up as high as it would go. Braced it up with more wood, and had plenty of room to do the fuel pump.

something like this

alignman88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Ha ha!! Safety third!!!! The things we do and live to tell about it….

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the rear hangers I've read alot of people have to drill out the whole?

I've got a small grinder to the the rivets off..a small punch...what size drill bit should I make sure I have.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've got a small grinder to the the rivets off..a small punch...what size drill bit should I make sure I have.
I don’t remember having to drill any holes. Did you purchase the hanger kit yet? You can take the bolts that come with it and find a bit that’s a blonde one bigger.
P.S. You’re not gonna have a good time using a hammer lol

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

It’s the front hangers that you have to grind the rivets off in order to install the drop hangers. Your only going to replace the factory shackle in the rear with a 2in drop shackle. Not sure about drilling holes, I’ve never had to drill holes and I’ve been doing this for awhile.