The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot like my setup...except I stopped at a 2/4 drop. It sits dead level and is plenty low enough for my taste. I just had to flip my trailer hitch...first time I have towed since I lowered it, and the trailer tongue rest was almost hitting the ground. But it tows fine still...
Helper bags will fix that.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im beginning to think, my truck isn't really 5" lower in the front. When I bought the truck it had what I assumed was 2" spindles and possibly 1-2 in springs. I replaced them with 3" springs. But, it just seems like I have to much gap based on the pics and tires sizes I have, what I used seems pretty standard for this drop. Ill try and post a picture. I have 15" stock rally wheels. So a 5/7 should be perfect.
Do the spindles have a part number on em?

Junior_357

Reaction score
Helper bags will fix that.

It wasn't a case of sagging...it was a case of the trailer hitch bar being a 2-3" drop one plus the 4" I lowered the rear. Now the bar is flipped the other way...so at least the hitch ball is back even with the bumper.

All I am towing is a 1500# capacity 5x8 trailer...and I can load it so to the keep the tongue weight to a minimum. The truck doesn't even squat when I have 1000# on the trailer.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a case of sagging...it was a case of the trailer hitch bar being a 2-3" drop one plus the 4" I lowered the rear. Now the bar is flipped the other way...so at least the hitch ball is back even with the bumper.
Gotcha. I have 4, 6, 8, and 10 drop hitches all flipped for various vehicles

Junior_357

Reaction score
Gotcha. I have 4, 6, 8, and 10 drop hitches all flipped for various vehicles

I got an 8" drop one around here somewhere...if the shorty I have on there now doesn't lift it back up enough. The trailer is low-slung with a rise at the tongue. Having a low hitch point makes matters worse. At stock height...the trailer bottom was pretty much level. Sounds like I might need to get a 4" rise...(that's what she said...NOT)

99OBSLeo

Reaction score
I can't find any info on the suspension setup of this tahoe online. I know its a 4WD Model. Anyone have an idea what drop kit this tahoe has. I want my 99 4WD to have the same stance
You must be registered for see images attach

James2406

Reaction score
I'm installing a BellTech 2/4 drop, I found that this upper shock nut once half way tightened, the shaft spins. So I disconnected the upper ball joint and now that I have better access, I'm using a adjustable wrench to hole the shaft and a brake line wrench to tighten the nut down. However now I'm seeing I should wait till the truck is back on its wheels and its own weight on the ground?

BellTech kit is a 691ND.

Any help at this point is appreciated.

Attachments

• PXL_20210721_021724569.jpg
    PXL_20210721_021724569.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 8