The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylor Trash

Reaction score
Hey, I recently got rid of my ‘96 k1500 for ‘98 c2500. I love these trucks. Question is... can someone tell me exactly what I’ll need to do a 3/5 drop? Links would help. I can find everything under the son for a 1500 but am having trouble finding 2500 parts. Or are they compatible anyway and I’m just naive? It’s an 8x6.5 Lug, btw.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, I recently got rid of my ‘96 k1500 for ‘98 c2500. I love these trucks. Question is... can someone tell me exactly what I’ll need to do a 3/5 drop? Links would help. I can find everything under the son for a 1500 but am having trouble finding 2500 parts. Or are they compatible anyway and I’m just naive? It’s an 8x6.5 Lug, btw.
Check out Maxtrac. They offer a 3/5

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a ‘94 c1500 that I have 2” Beltech drop shackles in the rear and the 2/4 bug has bitten me. The truck was a V6 originally and has the original springs. How low close does that get me up front? I also need new leaf springs I’m fairly sure since these sag something awful. And then I just need the drop hangars for another 2” in the rear. I’ve also considered helper bags in the rear, just in case. And I’ll have to clearance the bed for the leaf springs.

So my stupid questions are:

Has anyone run into driveline vibration issues with this? How’s the towing/payload fared? Do I need shorter shocks? Anything I need to look out for that I’m forgetting? Also, what brand of leafs should I look for?

Please pardon my shotgun blast of questions.

Reaction score
I have a 1988 Silverado fleetside 5.7 I want to lower it 2/4 or 3/5 should I change the ball joints, pitman and idler arm and bushings? I plan on getting bell tech with new shocks. Any info would be great thanks.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Check and make sure it's not going to over extend, with the suspension at full droop. With it being offset, the long side is going to be more likely to have problems.

Edit, I got to thinking what I typed there, and wanted to add. Over extending a bag should be thought about, whether offset or not, and should always be checked.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Can helper bags be ran at this angle?
You must be registered for see images attach

That bag is binding at the top.
They don't like that. Mine sure didn't! Lol! Wore a leeetle tiny pinhole.
I'd move that bottom bracket to get it straightened out & more evenly balanced all around that upper part.

gyver

Reaction score
My input with the bushings is one is softer(rubber) and one is stiffer (polyurethane)
They used to say polyurethane is better and last longer but I've heard it's not necessary true. So hears what I planned for my suburban. Suspension components polyurethane to help slightly with handling. For body new rubber bushing for comfort and ride. Also motor mount and trans mount will be rubber since there always vibrating. I'm sure somebody disagrees with this but I dont necessarily just want all rubber or polyurethane. More or less hope it helps a little
Where can you find affordable rubber bushings?

gyver

Reaction score
My input with the bushings is one is softer(rubber) and one is stiffer (polyurethane)
They used to say polyurethane is better and last longer but I've heard it's not necessary true. So hears what I planned for my suburban. Suspension components polyurethane to help slightly with handling. For body new rubber bushing for comfort and ride. Also motor mount and trans mount will be rubber since there always vibrating. I'm sure somebody disagrees with this but I dont necessarily just want all rubber or polyurethane. More or less hope it helps a little