The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johns

Reaction score
I just recently bought a '94 k1500 and was wanting to lower it 2/4, but I cant find any 4wd kits that will drop the rear 4". The only thing I can find for the rear is 2" shackles. Are there any options to get 4..? I'm new to obs and 4wd. Are the rears really that much different when it comes to hangers?

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just recently bought a '94 k1500 and was wanting to lower it 2/4, but I cant find any 4wd kits that will drop the rear 4". The only thing I can find for the rear is 2" shackles. Are there any options to get 4..? I'm new to obs and 4wd. Are the rears really that much different when it comes to hangers?
When I lowered my K1500 the first time I used 2" shackles and a set of hangers for a C1500, I had to make 2 holes per side larger so they would bolt up iirc, was a pain since I didn't pull the bed or remove the tank. You could also use a set of drop leafs, Belltech and Western Chassis sell them.

Johns

Reaction score
When I lowered my K1500 the first time I used 2" shackles and a set of hangers for a C1500, I had to make 2 holes per side larger so they would bolt up iirc, was a pain since I didn't pull the bed or remove the tank. You could also use a set of drop leafs, Belltech and Western Chassis sell them.
I was looking around for drop leafs on the idea, but those had the same issue as the hangers. They were only available as rwd, will they bolt right up to 4wd models or do those need to be modified as well? Thanks for that hanger tip, btw

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking around for drop leafs on the idea, but those had the same issue as the hangers. They were only available as rwd, will they bolt right up to 4wd models or do those need to be modified as well? Thanks for that hanger tip, btw
You're welcome. The leafs bolt right up, the pickups have the same length eye to eye. I was looking to get a set for my truck before I got a notch & flip kit

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might be the place for this question as I'm sure it's been asked once or twice. I've got a 94 Chevy 1500 stepside. I purchased and installed the Belltech 5/7 drop kit (Part #: 689SP). The truck was a conversion truck and came with some wide wheels. Currently, have some 15" 5 spoke Mangels sitting on 275/60/15's all the way around. Couldn't tell you if they're 8,9, or even 10" wheels but they stick outside the wheel wells front and back. I like the sporty look of the 15's with some fat tires. So my question is whats the "ideal" wheel setup to run? I've read a few forums and posts about 5/7 drops, but they're all for fleetside. Not sure if wheel setups will be different between fleetside and stepside. Appreciate the help, I've already got lost on the interwebs searching.
Theres absolutely no difference between a stepside and a fleetside as to the wheel well openings. That being said, wheels are something that is personal. I wont run anything less than a 20" wheel-others will go either bigger or smaller. Keep in mind that running little wheels is a lot more work-especially in the front as you have to clearance your lower arms so they dont scrape the rims.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell, that's normal. Mine looks like that, except that the tabs are bent out.

Also, there's a ton of really good craft beer here in Oklahoma. There's no reason for that "Lite Beer" you have in the picture.
Anthem Brewery
Twisted Spike
Angry Scot
COOP Aleworks
Vanessa House
I have Anthem's "Bad Hombre", Twisted Spike's "Twisted 'Stache", and Angry Scot's "Rusty Kiltpin" in the fridge right now. Great stuff!

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I can tell, that's normal. Mine looks like that, except that the tabs are bent out.

Also, there's a ton of really good craft beer here in Oklahoma. There's no reason for that "Lite Beer" you have in the picture.
Anthem Brewery
Twisted Spike
Angry Scot
COOP Aleworks
Vanessa House
I have Anthem's "Bad Hombre", Twisted Spike's "Twisted 'Stache", and Angry Scot's "Rusty Kiltpin" in the fridge right now. Great stuff!
True on the beer front. Lol. But I was at the store getting gas and bought it impromptu. Sometimes I just get it because it's cold and wet. Lol
I'm close to a place that makes Choc beer and it's pretty good. Praries in Tulsa has some good stuff too. But I dont recommend the prairie bomb. That damn thing looked like motor oil and went down about as smooth. Usually, if I buy beer at the store, it's modelo especiale.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
New to bushing replacement.

What are the differences/opinions on stock rubber vs polyurethane?

Ride vs longevity vs installation difficulty etc

Really need to redo the bushings on my K2500 Burb, so figured I'd ask and get myself learned from folks that probably know a lot more than me.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New to bushing replacement.

What are the differences/opinions on stock rubber vs polyurethane?

Ride vs longevity vs installation difficulty etc

Really need to redo the bushings on my K2500 Burb, so figured I'd ask and get myself learned from folks that probably know a lot more than me.

My input with the bushings is one is softer(rubber) and one is stiffer (polyurethane)
They used to say polyurethane is better and last longer but I've heard it's not necessary true. So hears what I planned for my suburban. Suspension components polyurethane to help slightly with handling. For body new rubber bushing for comfort and ride. Also motor mount and trans mount will be rubber since there always vibrating. I'm sure somebody disagrees with this but I dont necessarily just want all rubber or polyurethane. More or less hope it helps a little