The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
i used to run 33's on a little crank. no trimming required if your running stockers. i now run the same setup on a 3"bl, i think 35's are in my future.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I know I have said I want to stay away from body lifts but I would like some info on them. What are the negative affect that any of you have experienced from a body lift? Also what all would I need to get extra to make the truck look right. I dont want gaps on the bumpers and crap like that. The reason I have shied away from body lifts is I am under the impression they are hard on the body. Also that is not as clean of a look, such as gaps on the truck. Another thing I was worried about is linkage being long enough such as the transmission and ebrake. Am I just in the dark and body lifts are really just plain ole simple or is there some truth to this?

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its really simple there are no negative side effects really. The kits come with bumper relocators so it looks fine. I have the 3" on my big truck and I'm putting a 2" on the street truck (so the hood will close all the way). They don't even look bad IMO.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I looked at the kits on summit and they don't include rear mounts or gap guards. Total for lift, rear bracket, and gap guards was 285 not bad really. Any where else I should look at?

katkatcher#1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i've seen somewhere that you can take the factory rear brackets and swap them from left-right and flip them upside down to raise the rear but im not 100% positive.

JohnnyRingo

Shut your Butt
Reaction score
last time i looked at summit the 3" body lifts were 114$. it came with everything but the rear bumper relocator but you can just flip the stockers on that. as for clean go to lowes get some black durable material and make your own then throw some paint on the frame and itll look fine.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, heres a simple, but random question.
Back when I wrecked my truck it should have been totalled b/c the frame was tweaked. Anyhow, the front driver tire is sitting back in the fenderwell about 1" farther than it should be. I haven't taken it back to get the frame pulled b/c I didn't notice it till too late and I dont have the $$$ to get it done right now.

When I put my lift on you think I'll have any issues with anything?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, heres a simple, but random question.
Back when I wrecked my truck it should have been totalled b/c the frame was tweaked. Anyhow, the front driver tire is sitting back in the fenderwell about 1" farther than it should be. I haven't taken it back to get the frame pulled b/c I didn't notice it till too late and I dont have the $$$ to get it done right now.

When I put my lift on you think I'll have any issues with anything?

ya, the geometry of the lift/frame will be tweaked. i would probably get that frame fixed before you get a lift.