The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I have a tendency to do the same if it’s a subject I know about. I’m decent when it comes to motors and such. This is the first truck I’ve owned that’s been modified like this. I had an 01 z71 but all it had was a body lift and some mastercraft mts. This is pretty extreme for me so it’s a learning process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first Z71 was a 97, and beware, the vortec 350 and the 4L60 that is in those are notorious for quitting, unless you managed to get documentation on those two parts with recent overhauls.

Sloan

Reaction score
My first Z71 was a 97, and beware, the vortec 350 and the 4L60 that is in those are notorious for quitting, unless you managed to get documentation on those two parts with recent overhauls.

Really? I love the 350. Easy to work on and fairly cheap and abundant parts. If it’s gonna go wrong however it will happen to me. I just have that kind of luck. I bought it because it already had the lift done and runs quite well. Shifts like butter but needs a lot of tlc. It sounds amazing as well with the true duel flow master too! It’s a project to say the least but it only has 105k miles so I’m hoping to get many more. I’m considering changing the front to a solid axle as well but have no clue whatsoever what that will entail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StockplusSam

Reaction score
ok so here's a stupid one. Anyway you can run a rough country 4" suspension lift at 3"?Sounds like the 4" kit is better for ride and wear then their 2-3" kit but I'm only looking to lift 3" max. Thanks in advance

StockplusSam

Reaction score
ok so here's a stupid one. Anyway you can run a rough country 4" suspension lift at 3"?Sounds like the 4" kit is better for ride and wear then their 2-3" kit but I'm only looking to lift 3" max. Thanks in advance
Also Here's a pic of my 92 with 255/85 m55 and a photoshopped 2.5" lift. What I'm going after
You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To me, the same, but I've always been in trucks and driving down dirt roads so I'm used to it. It's little bit rougher then when I bought the truck but it was running on street tires and I've got ats now. An I had alot of new suspension and steering parts upgraded at same time.

Mike123

Reaction score
Hello,
I’m stuck in a jam I have a 93 Chevy 1500 2wd with a 6” lift. I’m not quite sure what lift was installed on the truck, which was done by the previous owner. The sway bar is not at the right angle there’s no drop brackets or extended end links. The truck is hula dancing around town I have just replaced the bushings and the end links. Does anyone know where I can find extended end links or if I even need them and if so what length?

P.s I think the lift consists of Spindles, Coil springs and upper control arms, the truck sits on 35" tires.

FSU TONY

Reaction score
Ive ordered a RC 2inch lift and some 31 x 10.5 on 15 x 8 rims with -19 Offset. Does anyone think I am going to need wheel Spacers? Don't want it to rub up front