The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Alright, got another one. First, do most of you still have the little net type things on the back of your front seats? (This will probably apply more to those with bucket seats or people with SUVs) Mine are sagging a little just from heat and such (stretched out a little) and I'm considering removing them, but I'm not sure yet.....

I still have mine but they're saggy and droop alot, I've considered removing them but haven't looked into it.

Second, when I put my driver's visor down, the little mirror cover hangs down about an inch from closed. Anybody else have this problem or know a way to fix it? It's not a huge deal, just a little annoying. Is there a spring mechanism in the hinge I could work on?

And finally, don't know if this would be considered as interior, but it is inside the truck so......how much play do you guys have in your shifters? (automatic) When mine's in park, it will move up down, forward and back about an inch in either direction, are they usually that loose? My dad has a '04 Z71 Tahoe, and I don't think his shifter does this.....

It's just wear and tear, over the last 12+ years its become worn, mine also does it but not with as much movement as yours I don't think.

Thanks for the help.

The little things are a ***** thats for sure.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Alright, It really hurts my pride to say this but where in the hell is the dome light switch? Its in my 89 which is rusty up to the windows and needs door pins. But I got the door shut all the way and the light kept flickering. Or will this fix itself after doing the pins?

Edit: If they are on the sides of the dash, Im going to kick my own ass!!!!!

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I figured right after I posted I thought about it. Oh well......we all have mental blocks from time to time

RedOx

Reaction score
I recently picked up a used 96 tahoe. 5.7l V8 4x4. The owner told me that it needs some tlc but it runs great and doesnt look too bad inside.

My questions are these:

All my HVAC stuff works except for the wind shield defrost. When i Turn it on i can hear it blowing air behind the dash but not up to the windshield. Do I need to remove the whole dash to get to the vents?

And if i remove the whole dash and the gage cluster, will it throw any odometer fraud codes when I put it back together?

I ask this because I put one of those overlays on my 2000 explorer(R.I.P) and ended up with odometer fraud codes turning on the check engine light.

Thanks

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I recently picked up a used 96 tahoe. 5.7l V8 4x4. The owner told me that it needs some tlc but it runs great and doesnt look too bad inside.

My questions are these:

All my HVAC stuff works except for the wind shield defrost. When i Turn it on i can hear it blowing air behind the dash but not up to the windshield. Do I need to remove the whole dash to get to the vents?

Yes, unless there is another way I'm not aware of

And if i remove the whole dash and the gage cluster, will it throw any odometer fraud codes when I put it back together?

No, it shouldn't

I ask this because I put one of those overlays on my 2000 explorer(R.I.P) and ended up with odometer fraud codes turning on the check engine light.

Thanks

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Ok I havent pulled one before so what all tools do I need to take out an 88-94 dash. My pad is cracked and im goin to the junkyard to hunt wanna be prepared.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All the basic tool's, like screw driver's, plier's, basic metric socket's and wrench's, and be sure to have a 7mm socket with short extension and small rachet, also I have like to have a pair of bent tip needle nose plier's on hand you never know when you may need them, these dash's aren't hard to pull at all, once the column is out of the way or at least dropped down on the floor, the dash comes out quick.