The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low 89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as I know, there isn't any lights in the floor. Sounds like someone added them to your truck.

I think he's referring to the lights under the dash, and if I remember correctly its a 194 or something..all my little info like that was stored on my ipod which now has a cracked screen :(

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
I think he's referring to the lights under the dash, and if I remember correctly its a 194 or something..all my little info like that was stored on my ipod which now has a cracked screen :(

Yep 194, same as in the instrument cluster, and doors if you have the new interior.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Stupid Question, will a NBS seat with the fold down console fit in my OBS Ex Cab without the 3rd door, and still have access to the rear seat?

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
The dash is my 95 is toast and I kinda want a 97+ dash instead. I heard I also need the passenger side air duct from the 97+ dash to make it work in a 95, is there anything else?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a really dumb question, but I've never heard the term before. Driving a truck, and knowing the terms for the truck are two completely different things. What are 60/40 seats? Does it have to do with sizes or something?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is a really dumb question, but I've never heard the term before. Driving a truck, and knowing the terms for the truck are two completely different things. What are 60/40 seats? Does it have to do with sizes or something?

It's how the bench seat is split, the drivers seat is separate, while the passenger and middle seat are together making up 60% of the seat.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's how the bench seat is split, the drivers seat is separate, while the passenger and middle seat are together making up 60% of the seat.

I have 60/40's with the passenger having the bucket, and driver side having the bench portion.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I have 60/40's with the passenger having the bucket, and driver side having the bench portion.

Whoops, your right, its been forever since I've been in a 60/40 equipped truck, but either way that's what it is basically a split bench seat.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Alright, got another one. First, do most of you still have the little net type things on the back of your front seats? (This will probably apply more to those with bucket seats or people with SUVs) Mine are sagging a little just from heat and such (stretched out a little) and I'm considering removing them, but I'm not sure yet.....

Second, when I put my driver's visor down, the little mirror cover hangs down about an inch from closed. Anybody else have this problem or know a way to fix it? It's not a huge deal, just a little annoying. Is there a spring mechanism in the hinge I could work on?

And finally, don't know if this would be considered as interior, but it is inside the truck so......how much play do you guys have in your shifters? (automatic) When mine's in park, it will move up down, forward and back about an inch in either direction, are they usually that loose? My dad has a '04 Z71 Tahoe, and I don't think his shifter does this.....
Thanks for the help.