The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been looking for a driver's side rear entry seat for a bit. The driver's side seat in my truck had been replaced and I figured that they guy just shortcut it and grabbed the best condition power seat he could find without worrying about the details.

But, then I see things like this seat pictured below and I wonder what it came out of. I want one of these for my truck. Where should I be looking? Is this possibly a 2-door Tahoe seat, because the 1996 2-door in storage doesn't have it? Is it year dependent?
You must be registered for see images attach
The entry feature on the driver side just un-reclines the back. For my 98 ex-cab and two door Tahoe, the power seat does not slide forward like the passenger side. Same for a manual seat extended cab that we have.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
From what I've learned about these 95+ seats, the power seats don't retract forward, but a manual seat does when using the ez-entry lever. All of my x-cabs had the ez-entry lever on both the driver and passenger side.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got 2 more stupid interior question:

97 k1500 ext cab 3rd door with power buckets. How involved is swapping to a 60/40 bench? From what I’ve read maybe have to drill some holes for the inner mount.

For those running the 60/40 bench do you or have you ran a child’s seat in the back? Is there room? Right now I’ve got my child’s seat in the middle but will the arm rest/middle seat be in the way?

Last edited:

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
94 Burb, square type dash. Are all of the buttons and rocker switches (heater controls) supposed to light up when turning the headlites on? My heater & defrost rocker switches do not light up when turning on the lights. So at nite I'm controlling heat or a/c by feel, while driving off the road. I've had the dash apart but didn't see any bulbs.