The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thestig34

Reaction score
I have a 1993 K2500 Suburban and when I bought it the spare tire was just laying in the trunk. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how the spare tire is supposed to mount? None of the factory hardware is there right now.

Vanishing Point

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll take a stab at it, all I came up with was a hardware kit on evil-bay
for a 1992-1999 Chevy Suburban OEM SPARE TIRE CARRIER MOUNT *COMPLETE ASSEMBLY*
You must be registered for see images attach

Once you figure out how it all attaches, it should mount to your interior driver's side L/H rear quarter panel. Hopefully, it should say or show an exploded view of a diagram in your Owners or Repair manual. I hope this was what you were asking about. Good luck, and let us know if this addresses your concern.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I have a 1993 K2500 Suburban and when I bought it the spare tire was just laying in the trunk. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how the spare tire is supposed to mount? None of the factory hardware is there right now.
Tomorrow I will get a picture of how the spare on my Burb is installed. Gotta move some things around in it in the daytime when I can see what I am doing lol!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will get a picture of how the spare on my Burb is installed. Gotta move some things around in it in the daytime when I can see what I am doing lol!
Here's the pictures. The white circle on the center bolt is a plastic spacer my dad made to keep the bolt tighter in the wheel, so it doesn't rattle.

Attachments

• IMG_20220119_105233.jpg
    IMG_20220119_105233.jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220119_105243.jpg
    IMG_20220119_105243.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 10

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I'll take a stab at it, all I came up with was a hardware kit on evil-bay
for a 1992-1999 Chevy Suburban OEM SPARE TIRE CARRIER MOUNT *COMPLETE ASSEMBLY*
You must be registered for see images attach

Once you figure out how it all attaches, it should mount to your interior driver's side L/H rear quarter panel. Hopefully, it should say or show an exploded view of a diagram in your Owners or Repair manual. I hope this was what you were asking about. Good luck, and let us know if this addresses your concern.
The eye bolt goes into the threaded socket in the inside of the truck. The hooked one " hooks" into that eye, and then the wing nut goes onto the thread of the eye bolt, with the spacer placed on the eye bolt first. Flat side of spacer towards the middle of the truck ( facing you when you install it). Takes a little fiddling to get it all lined up together, but when properly set up it works well. My Burbs came with steel wheel spare, but we bought another aluminum wheel so they all match. Everything still fits, and the aluminum wheel is lighter to take in and out too!

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extended cab (no third door) question- 1996 k3500- power + ez entry seats… is the driver seat supposed slide forward via ez-entry flip on the side of the back or no? Feel like an numbskull and brought home another bucket seat thinking I’d get the slide and nope

Last edited: