The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselPig

Reaction score
I have a 92 GMC C1500 with all gray interior that I want to change to the dark red/burgundy interior. I have a guy I can pick up some good condition seats from, but I’m wondering what the best route is to go regarding the carpet and vinyl panels in the interior. Should I keep an eye out for when interior parts become available from guys parting out or should I just dye it all using SEM or Duplicolor?

SS Performance

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to look at a 1996 3500 crew cab this weekend. I was told it was stored in a barn. Having had vehicles from barns before I want to check under the rear seat for possible rodent habitation.

So my question is does the rear seat cushion fold up? If not how do you remove it?

Thanks
Craig

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should I keep an eye out for when interior parts become available from guys parting out or should I just dye it all using SEM or Duplicolor?

If you paint the pieces, they'll all be pretty close in color. If you get good, old pieces, the colors will be faded and stained to fairly different colors. I painted mine black, which was not a color option, so I have no problem taking parts in any color and painting them for my truck.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to look at a 1996 3500 crew cab this weekend. I was told it was stored in a barn. Having had vehicles from barns before I want to check under the rear seat for possible rodent habitation.

So my question is does the rear seat cushion fold up? If not how do you remove it?

Thanks
Craig
It does not fold up. You can fold the seat back(s) forward to access the spare tire tool tray, but you will need to find a different method of inspecting underneath. My rear split bench slides, (98 GMC SLE trim) but I don't know if that is true for all years/trim levels.

jvthundercat

Reaction score
Stupid Question - Where would I find a rear valance (top piece where the back dome light mounts) on a 1999 K3500 crew cab in grey. I was really stupid and broke it when nothing was wrong with it. Had been looking a LMC etc and they don't do crew cab parts.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid Question - Where would I find a rear valance (top piece where the back dome light mounts) on a 1999 K3500 crew cab in grey. I was really stupid and broke it when nothing was wrong with it. Had been looking a LMC etc and they don't do crew cab parts.
Best bet is a treasure yard.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O.k. have a ? I went to buy bulbs for where your feet go when you open the door because the person I bought it from took them out. So when I get to autozone to buy the bulbs they can't tell me what style or what kind of bulbs go there (go figure right lol) so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the bulb # is that I need an thanks!!
Someone may have answered already but it m not looking through 140 pages to make sure. It's a 194 bulb, under the dash each side.
Also, I have something that look like bulb sockets coming out of this harness thst runs on the floor. Where in the world would these go? They were just laying there when I pulled carpet out.
You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone may have answered already but it m not looking through 140 pages to make sure. It's a 194 bulb, under the dash each side.
Also, I have something that look like bulb sockets coming out of this harness thst runs on the floor. Where in the world would these go? They were just laying there when I pulled carpet out.
You must be registered for see images attach
It's for 4wd shift lever. If yours is 2wd you dont need them. Gm just had the same wiring harness that's all