The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yeah I guess I should of taken a closer look at the harness, to see what is separate from one another regarding the hvac ( I have a 3 relay pack btw). I'll inspect the hvac harness to see if it is still good. My cdm unit wasn't working for a few years before and I see mice chewed through the wires right where they come out of the unit (most likely why it stopped working lol) I'm gonna look for another one. Thanks for the insight, very much appreciated. So I guess it doesn't matter whether I get the harness out of a bare bones truck or one thats loaded. Does auto or manual truck make much of a difference?

The reason I'm replacing this harness is mostly because of a dumb mistake by me. This truck was my father's and I also drove it in high school, been in the family since the late 90's. But it sat outside most of its life and over the years mice have been using it for a winter home but wasn't anything a quick vacuum couldn't handle. Over the last few years it got completely overun by them (carpet, headliner, destroyed, mouse pee n n crap on everything inside). I want to restore this truck back to its former glory so last year I gutted the interior and completely bleached everything, it was so gross. Well I left the harness in a bucket of bleach too long and the fuse box and plug pins started to corrode from it. Also the harness was chewed on by mice and this truck always had a parasitic draw that I had not been able to pin point. So I figured starting from scratch would be a good idea. Sorry for the long story haha.
There are some small differences between a manual and auto - I'd definitely try to get one from another truck with your specific configuration.

NO4NSHT

Reaction score
I have a question I have all the interior plastics that go over the back part of the back wall of a single cab and then the two plastics that go where the seat belts are on each side along with the one piece that goes over top where the dome light is along with the jack housing the plastic to hold the jack in there I have all of it to a single cab it's a red and I was curious as to what it'd be worth I don't want to overcharge nobody and you know not never sell it but at the same time I don't want to screw myself either thing I don't got are the a pillars those are the only two pieces I don't have

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So my truck has the stupid 2pc clips for the door panels, are there single piece replacements? I bought some of the 2pc ones and my door panel still comes un done.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hunt around under the dash for witness marks from rubbing. Once you figure out what's rubbing, put scotch tape between it. Sounds chintzy, but it works.

TS888

Reaction score
My stupid interior question -- are the door panels from 95 and on a straight swap for 88-94? Assuming both are power window/power lock panels? Because my '89 panels are pretty beat, and I found a pair of 96 panels in good nick. I would need to find matching door handles.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
My stupid interior question -- are the door panels from 95 and on a straight swap for 88-94? Assuming both are power window/power lock panels? Because my '89 panels are pretty beat, and I found a pair of 96 panels in good nick. I would need to find matching door handles.
They will fit but the door panels won't push the dome light switches in enough to turn off the dome light. Also the dash doesn't really line up well with the door panels so it looks a bit odd.

TS888

Reaction score
Thanks for that, sounds like not an ideal solution. Of course, my searching for used door panels has now led me to an entire truck, which I may just buy. It has a pretty nice interior, the body is straighter than the one I have, the steering column is not a noodle, and it is cheap because the transmission is junk. Considering the cost of fixing all the crap on my "free" truck, I would likely come out ahead with this other truck as a base and my truck as an organ donor.

Stephen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 Chevy C3500 Silverado CC LB 2WD 7.4. Wanting to convert the front passenger seat to electric control from manual. Can I use the motor and control from a driver's seat to do this from a pick & pull? Has anyone on here done this. Any advice appreciated.

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
1996 Chevy C3500 Silverado CC LB 2WD 7.4. Wanting to convert the front passenger seat to electric control from manual. Can I use the motor and control from a driver's seat to do this from a pick & pull? Has anyone on here done this. Any advice appreciated.
can be pretty easy if you already have the plug ran. as for the mounting you will need the seat subframe from the donor to make it work. as the seat moves down the track Via turn screw Vs track and lock

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So when I redid the carpet in the Suburban I misplaced the RH 2nd row upper seatbelt cover. I tried searching on eBay and LMC Truck but only the entire seatbelt seems to be out there. Anyone have a part out?