The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wish I could get a new one for my 94. Best I could do was find a used one without a crack in it. I will have to micromesh it like I did the taillight lenses

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am interested in polishing out the gage cluster lens myself. I restored some 50 year old taillight lenses for my sons car with a micromesh kit you can get from aircraft spruce and specialty for about $20. The only sandpaper I used from the kit was the 6000 grit. That's some fine stuff, then the polishing cloth and polish. Not sure how optically clear it would make it, but this is used for polishing acrylic aircraft windows. Heres the taillight lenses I used wet sand 6000 grit micromesh, and the micromesh polish hand rubbed into the 50 year old plastic. Pic #1 shows some of the age and damage. Pic #3 are the lenses after rubbing them out. Repop 69 barracuda plastic lenses are $215 a pair, so dull scratched originals for $30 for the pair were just what I needed.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's the idea I have lol I was even thinking toothpaste for giggles

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Is there a way to paint interior pieces so that they're not all shiny? I'd like to paint my entire interior black, but so that it looks like it came that way from the factory. also, the carpet areas on the doors and stuff. I figure I can get black carpet and headliner, and just do black leather from katzkins or something.
Sure! VHT vinyl dye. Get it at Summit Racing. 1 Can will do 1 seat even if it's a color change. The key is prep. Anything like grease or silicone and it won't stick. It's permanent if done right. Color Bond too. Follow the directions to the letter!

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
My RPM needle does the same thing. It will bounce about 200 rpm when going highway speeds. I was told it wasnt worth digging into.
Take the instrument panel out and carefully clean the metal terminals in the dash plug. A little contact cleaner on a q-tip then CAREFULLY shine up with a brass brush The another round of q-tip and cleaner. Using a hook tool pull the terminals out a little so they make firmer contact with the printed circuit board contacts. A little goes a long way so don't overdo it! Then carefully disassemble the gauge unit and clean out any gunk that got in. WD 40 on a q-tip is pretty safe to clean with. Be careful not to touch the gauge faces. A smudge there is very hard to remove. When you take the panel apart be gentle. The plastic may be brittle. If you have to force it you're doing it wrong. Frank's dash had no less than 34 dead stink bugs in the IP!

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Thanks! Good to know that's what GM calls neutral. Color is so subjective.
I use one of these for choosing color combos for interiors. With this I can play with several tones of the same color, or I can use it for when I do interiors that have main, secondary, & complimentary colors.
I look at this and think, What the hell is neutral?!

Neutral = Gross

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know the replacement part for the blinking led light on the dash?
Specifically the one for my alarm. Has 2 stages 1 alarm on blinks slow
2 blinks faster alarm off.

The light stopped blinking but still works I was hoping I could replace it but need one that matches the functions