The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darrin De May

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the site I use to find some of the bulb sizes I need: http://www.modifiedlife.com/1996-chevrolet-suburban-car-light-bulb-size-information/
Just to let you know, this is for my 1996 Suburban, might need to change it depending on your year.
http://www.modifiedlife.com/1998-chevrolet-pickup-car-light-bulb-sizes-guide/

Doubt that will help but it's a good reference for most all bulbs. There are a ton of people on here that I have done the LED swap and they mention bulb size. May have to do a little digging or DM'ing.

EDIT: crap someone beat me to it. Still, hope you find what you need

Had luck figuring out which LEDs to use from this page:

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/interiorLED.html

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gonna have to remember that quick fix! My headliner sags a bit at this point, but not enough to hit my head yet. When it finally does, I've already got plenty of neodymium magnets that I pulled out of crapped-out hard drives!

Three years since I made that post... They're still up there. :lol: Hasn't made it to the top of the list yet.

Hard drive magnets might work, but I ordered some really gnarly neodymium disc magnets from China via eBay. They're about 1/4" thick and 1" diameter. I wanted something that had enough power to grab the inner roof tightly through the thick headliner material. Think I got a stack of 10 of them for a few dollars. You have to be really careful separating them from the stack at first, if you accidentally lose your grip and they smack each other they'll shatter into a million pieces. Once you stick them to something they're not going anywhere, though.

98k1500on35s

Reaction score
stupid interior question. I am a Dumbass and was trying to swap in power windows in my manual truck i bought a 98 yukon and a 96 k1500 for a really good price now the part where im a dumbass the truck dash harness got cut out of anger now heres the question can i use the dash harness from the yukon in the truck? The truck im swapping the dash harness into is a 98 k1500 cheyenne the original dash harness does not work with power windows and the horn will not stop going off. i bought both the yukon and 96 to use as parts. was thinking of doing a 350 swap with the engine from the yukon seeing as the trans is blown. and i wanted to use the truck to do the power swap but me in my dumb ass mind said oh im not going to need the dash harness nope i need it. the truck had no engine and trans just a shell

Last edited:

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Since this thread is "so" long, it was a little tough to scan it all ... so hope this wasn't discussed earlier .... but anyway, I've got a 1995 K1500 with the bucket seats .... a few years ago, the front attach points on the drivers side both broke (a short time apart) ... it now just pivots on the rear attach points. So, I've got a very stylish office chair box behind my seat so I don't end up in the back seat. ;-) Has anyone else had this happen? Any fixes? Or do I just need to find a seat in a salvage yard? I just need to replace the pedestal part, I want to keep my original seat. Been a GREAT truck ... I now have 405k mi. on it ... this pic was taken in Jan. when it rolled over 400k.

I have a 1995 C1500 Silverado also. My drivers seat had broken loose on the left side as well prior to my purchase. This is evidently a fairly common problem on 1995 Trucks per my mechanic. He owned a 1995 Tahoe that had the same problem. He was able to re-weld the frame in the truck and it fixed the problem. Haven't had a problem with it for over 2 years now. We did have to replace the power motor switches sourced from the pick and pull. Up until then, I was using a box behind the seat to keep from falling backwards in the seat! Best of luck!

ZeRo2o9

Reaction score
I have a 1990 GMC Sierra, when I roll the window up or down it gets stuck at a certain point and I have to push it with my hand then it will keep going. Any idea if this is the motor or something else? Wanna be sure which part to get

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I have a 1990 GMC Sierra, when I roll the window up or down it gets stuck at a certain point and I have to push it with my hand then it will keep going. Any idea if this is the motor or something else? Wanna be sure which part to get

Check the window track weathet stripping

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score