The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year of Suburban is that out of? I've never seen one like that.

I want to say they started those in '95 but I'm not exactly sure... My '97 'burb has two of them, one for each row of rear seats.

There are two versions, one is a little taller than the other. In the 'burbs, the shorter fixture goes above the second row, and the taller one goes above the 3rd row.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Lol! Money has been won & lost on that fact!
Although, some mornings the first thing I do is check to see if there's a line drawn around me in chalk.

...and this from the guy that hasn't been around for...what? 3.5 years?

Hahaha, well you haven’t lost your sense of humour I see.
I’ve been ghosting. I still get emails from tapatalk and read random threads every so often. Haven’t had a GMT400 for about that long..

jasonak

Reaction score
Just got 93 silverado,,grey interior, the seat is 60/40 I want to re cover it and replace cushion can anyone suggest a place to get this material from ?

Or is there a common replacement other than the Pontiac seats thread I read.
thanks in advance,

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A company called Acme Auto makes new covers that look to be close copies of the original. They’re also sold through various online vendors, but here are a couple that showed photos.

Stockinteriors.com
Acmeautoheadlining.com

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Regarding the question about 2 wire vs 3 wire light. My guess is that there is a wire to each light so the two that go to the light could be doubled up and then its a two wire hookup. Surely someone on here has done it. Experiment till you get one light working with it hanging there and then figure out which wire you need to tie the loose wire to so that they both come on. Report when you figure it out so that there will be a better answer next time !

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
sweet thank you..allot more than I expected in price :p

In my shop, the prices for those covers are what you'd be paying just for the materials from me.
They're buying 1000's of yards at a time of just one fabric in one color. They get the 'good guy' bulk price. I can't compete with that.
Depending on the condition of the frames, the tracks & existing foam, I'd be looking to get at least a couple of hundred bucks for the removal of the old covers & then the install of those new ones, IF all was good inside the seats. Those original covers are glued on. A major PitA to remove without damaging the base foam.