The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirk

Reaction score
Would the above Radio, HVAC, Clusters, PRND2L & Fuel Gauge schematics the same for the '98?
That is nice work!
Thanks

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would the above Radio, HVAC, Clusters, PRND2L & Fuel Gauge schematics the same for the '98?
That is nice work!
Thanks

Alldata has a cheaper version (alldatadiy.com) which is about $30/yr per vehicle. It has the wiring diagrams and component views similar to what he posted. It’s been well worth it for me.

For example...

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kirk

Reaction score
Is that for OBS? nice either way! I have a digital copy of Pontiac's 1978 Service Manual.
Man I love it, all models for that year. Whenever I need something for my Trans Am project, there it is!

avg1joe

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Sierra regular cab with power locks and manual windows. The door bottoms are rusted out. I'd like to replace them with doors with power windows and locks. Do I need to replace the wiring harness under the dash or will I be able to just unplug the old doors and plug the new ones in and the windows will work? I searched the forum but only noticed posts from people who wanted to go from all manual to all power.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Have you checked the harness for the extra plugs for the windows?
You already have the PDLs & I can't see GM using anything other than a generic harness.
There's members here that have gone from manual everything doors to full power & found all those hook-ups in a bundle in behind the kick panels.
Others have had to go pull a donor dash to get the harness. It's the first thing installed at the factory. So, of course, it's the last to come out! There's no other way to get it out. It's w-a-y up underneath there.
Then...you get to do that all over again in the truck on the recieving end.
At least you'll get good at it.
Seems to me, it's the stripped-down plain-jane W/T's that required the harness, but don't quote me on that.

Mr_EastTx82

Reaction score
Anybody ever installed a suburban dome light with the adjustable map lights in an ext cab

I have no idea how to make it work.....suburban map light have 3 wires and truck has 2 wires