The stupid exhaust question thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
You could even just cut the shell off of the cat and weld it onto a new pipe. So there wouldn't really be a cat there at all, just looks like it. I'm pretty sure you guys only do visual inspections in Texas.

My uncle (P.O) told me he had the cat gutted, but i know that's BS since there's no muffler or piping past the tranny crossmember, just the cat, and it sounds muffled as hell. A real gutted cat would sound INSANE with my set up. Practically open-headers. I want to take the cat completely off, then put a flowmaster or thrush in its place.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could, I was just confessing that I've never seen one so I can't verify any of it. But, that said, a 4.3 and 5.0/5.7 all use the same parts. A 4.3 is nothing but a 350 with two cylinders lopped off. You might be able to go with a 4.3, 5.0 or 5.7 part number and be fine.

Yeah I never have either. Idk why you would put a 4.3 in a 2500 but im not one to judge lol
Thanks. I might give it a try

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 94 4.3L. My manifold is cracked and want to go to headers. Are the 96 4.3L really so much different that they won't fit? Or is it just bc it's a vortec?

Lsp1369

Reaction score
Any ideas on a manifold back setup for 1995 k2500 suburban with a Tbi 454. There doesn't seem to be much out there on the market.

Lsp1369

Reaction score
I have been considering just gutting the cat and going with a 30" magnaflow 12641 dumped out behind the axle.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Anybody come across a header-back exhaust for our trucks online? I'll be welding up a new exhaust but the thought crossed my mind to buy one.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really want the sound of duals for my 88 4.3l Cheyenne long bed, but am concerned with the cat and O2 issues on it. It is a TBI system, single O2 before cat. any thoughts? and no I am not gonna swap out the engine.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
I really want the sound of duals for my 88 4.3l Cheyenne long bed, but am concerned with the cat and O2 issues on it. It is a TBI system, single O2 before cat. any thoughts? and no I am not gonna swap out the engine.
There won't be any issues if you remove the cat since the sensor is before it

insbroker2

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if the metal flange on the donut goes in the pipe or the manifold? Thx