The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why wont my damn truck idle under 1500 rpm? I am thinking a leak in the throttle body gasket am I on the right track? From what my buddy told me the truck doesn't really have any balls either. " I am in Iraq so I don't know" it is a 5.7 in a 94 silverado 4x4 with a 14 bolt rear. other than that everything else is stock mechanically.

Reaction score
My truck is a 1993 1/2 ton 4x4 with a 4.3 v6 it has developed a random knock its quiet at start up it mainly does it under light acceleration but its alot louder than a spark knock I have narrowed it down to the area of the flywheel inspection cover or the oil pan with a mechanics stethoscope.

Now I have heard these engines had a problem with the flywheel or flywheel bolt that give off a rod knock type sound does anybody here have any other ideas or have heard of this type issue with the flywheel?

bluchevy

Reaction score
wheres the ecm b fuse located in a tbi engine or is it the fuse that says ecm/ign on it?

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
what makes an engine a 12 oclock timing or a 2oclock timing...please don't say the timing mark and damper because i have a 2oclock timing mark and damper but the lite flashes at the 12 oclock position...please explain