The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drifterwanb666

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Sealed" doesn't stay sealed when you use a pressure washer. Have you pulled the cap and made sure it's dry under i
I dont dare use a pressure washer, learned my lessons. And yes, first place i went to. I figured it out after an hr of just unplugging engine related things, turns out the seal for the injector harness (that i never questioned cause it looked fine) was my issue. Either its the seal or water gets in thru the connector but either way imma have to try sealing it too. Thanks for all the tips tho guys.

jerry mize

Reaction score
I have 97 Z71 swapped engine new engine will not tach over 2200 while driving it's like soothing is wedged under the pedal " there is nothing stoping the peddle"

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know what this tube is so I can replace it? It snapped when I was changing the IAC.

::UPDATE

It's the egr tube

Attachments

• 20230331_195900~2.jpg
    20230331_195900~2.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well... I got that all squared away and I'm still dropping to 490-600 rpm at idle when I turn the wheel or when the ac kicks on and not rising until the draw stops.

FourEightZero

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, got my chip back from Brian @ TBIChips. The AE adjustment seemed to help somewhat but this engine just has bad stumbling. It does not like fast changes in throttle.

Not really sure what to do. I crawled under the hood and blipped the throttle while watching the fuel pressure gauge SPR put on the throttle body. Pressure holds steady around 17lbs. No codes. Once the engine gets past the stumble it accelerates well at WOT.

Included a picture of #1 plug and the log from today.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm thinking it may be time to send it to a master mechanic.

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 4-4-23.zip
    99.2 KB · Views: 1

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well, got my chip back from Brian @ TBIChips. The AE adjustment seemed to help somewhat but this engine just has bad stumbling. It does not like fast changes in throttle.

Not really sure what to do. I crawled under the hood and blipped the throttle while watching the fuel pressure gauge SPR put on the throttle body. Pressure holds steady around 17lbs. No codes. Once the engine gets past the stumble it accelerates well at WOT.

Included a picture of #1 plug and the log from today.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm thinking it may be time to send it to a master mechanic.

First and foremost, IFR and VE need to be bang on. From there, logs and further AE adjustment would be needed.