The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your throttle body hasn't been bored with larger throttle plates installed, the spacer is a total waste of time, money, effort, and enthusiasm.

The reason the "Big Block" throttle bodies got the spacer was because they have bigger throttle plates. The cone of fuel spray has to be wider to reach the edges of the throttle blades, so the injector is lifted up a little. With the smaller throttle plates, lifting the injector results in fuel spray hitting the side of the throttle bore.

What is the pressure rating for a stock spring? 14 lb.?

Buy some screws at a hardware store.

Treble

Reaction score
Spacers of any sort often caused an emotional drain- Springs are rated in pounds not psi? The manufacturer of this Spring, lists it at 14 psi not 14 pounds? How thick is the gasket that the 1/4" spacer replaces?

I've only ordered the items from RV. What is the correct bolt sizes for the injectors?
I did not see any springs offered at RV's website. What is the correct spring? What condition is the original spring in? What spring do you recommend, and were do I find it?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not see any springs offered at RV's website. What is the correct spring? What condition is the original spring in? What spring do you recommend, and were do I find it?
I got my 18LB spring from SPR Performance along with my bored 46mm TB. The 28LB spring I ordered from Amazon IIRC. It's out of a 94 - 95 7.4L BBC. I'm not recommending any particular spring, that's where data logging, with a WBO2 preferably, until you get your AFRs where you want them. Maybe you could call RV Morse and/or SPR and ask them if they have a choice of springs?

https://www.ebay.com/str/sprperformance

C2500Ryan

Reaction score
Evening,

Stupid question about my truck, so I am glad I found this thread. For the last week I have noticed some weird things with my "Service Engine Soon" light.

I plan on getting the code reader out tomorrow to see what is the cause, but I keep having the same issue of the engine light coming on at a stop light, but then going away once I get up to 25+ MPH.

I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this or had this same issue. Is the issue something specific or is it just a run of the mill check engine light that my code reader can pick up?

Thanks,
Ryan

Treble

Reaction score
I have a throttle body rebuilt kit from AC Delco. ACD#219-607 GM#19238102 . In the diagram part #23 is listed as gasket, fuel meter body. When I measure the thickness, eyeball and ruler it's just under an 1/8.

The manufacturer lists the thickness of the Injector spacer at 1/4 inch. Ordered ~ throttle body injector spacer. That 8th of an inch is going to play chaos inside my throttle body........ There's a reason for the skull and crossbones..... Hopefully those bolts/screws work with or without the injector spacer

My concern Is that when I get inside the throttle body the spring could be damaged. And with the age of the truck would prefer to have a new spring. The reviews make it read as though this is a factory spring replacement? The throttle body shop at Amazon

You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong? With that spacer, you likely need TWO gaskets--one above and one below the spacer? Without the spacer, one gasket between the two castings is proper.

That's what I was trying to get at in my previous post...that spring seems like a stock replacement.

Treble

Reaction score
I was using 90% alcohol and a small metal pick to loosen up some of the cake on debris that was on the underneath side of the throttle body..... Where the Throttle positioning sensor connects to the shaft. There is a rubber grommet/ plastic ring. This ring spun freely. It was broke and with a little help from the pic I was able to remove it without removing the throttle positioning sensor.

Is this little rubber plastic grommet part included in the Box with the throttle positioning sensor?

There is an excess amount of oil behind the distributor. This is an indication that I have a bad oil sending unit?

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was using 90% alcohol and a small metal pick to loosen up some of the cake on debris that was on the underneath side of the throttle body..... Where the Throttle positioning sensor connects to the shaft. There is a rubber grommet/ plastic ring. This ring spun freely. It was broke and with a little help from the pic I was able to remove it without removing the throttle positioning sensor.

Is this little rubber plastic grommet part included in the Box with the throttle positioning sensor?

There is an excess amount of oil behind the distributor. This is an indication that I have a bad oil sending unit?

That little foam rubber seal behind the TPS doesn’t come with any kit I’ve bought. Not the TPS (crazy) and not the TBI rebuild kit. Like, why don’t fuel filters include o-rings?