The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jables

Reaction score
What is the correct ac Delco spark plug part number for a 350 TBI??

Asking because I just pulled out an AC Delco R43TS plugs, and every cross reference I find says that those aren't for my truck...

Last edited:

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the correct ac Delco spark plug part number for a 350 TBI??

Asking because I just pulled out an AC Delco R43TS plugs, and every cross reference I find says that those aren't for my truck...
What year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s the section from a 1993 owners manual. I’d guess that it was the same for a 92.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
E-fan vs. auxiliary push fan ? There’s lots of love here for the dual electric fan modification. And lots of how to videos on the web explaining the swap. What I have not yet found (probably for my lack of research) is a solid explanation of why dual electric fans are a better solution than just adding an auxiliary push fan to supplement the stock clutch fan. Can you point me in the right direction to prove why primary e-fans are a better choice than a supplemental push fan? Appreciate your guidance.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Are L31s computer controlled camshafts?

There are some camshafts that you can run with the stock tune if that's what you're asking, but to really open up and get the maximum amount of power you'd need a tuned PCM. With a tuned computer you're open to a whole world of upgrades too.
I think what dictates a computer controlled cam is the amount of vacuum it pulls at idle? It could be TBIs that I'm thinking of.
I'm not entirely sure off the top of my head. I'm sure someone with better engine expertise and knowledge can step in.

E-fan vs. auxiliary push fan ? There’s lots of love here for the dual electric fan modification. And lots of how to videos on the web explaining the swap. What I have not yet found (probably for my lack of research) is a solid explanation of why dual electric fans are a better solution than just adding an auxiliary push fan to supplement the stock clutch fan. Can you point me in the right direction to prove why primary e-fans are a better choice than a supplemental push fan? Appreciate your guidance.

I know the push fan in my truck only kicks on over 200 degrees, but with running a larger fan it keeps the coolant temps lower when the truck is running. I don't know about anyone else, but I think the push fan only works over a certain temp point. Unless you wired it to constant power with the key.

E-fans are pretty much the same principle as the push fan, just a whole lot more efficient at cooling and don't take near as much power as a clutch driven fan.

Personally I prefer my clutch fan/aux push fan;

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are some camshafts that you can run with the stock tune if that's what you're asking, but to really open up and get the maximum amount of power you'd need a tuned PCM. With a tuned computer you're open to a whole world of upgrades too.
I think what dictates a computer controlled cam is the amount of vacuum it pulls at idle? It could be TBIs that I'm thinking of.
I'm not entirely sure off the top of my head. I'm sure someone with better engine expertise and knowledge can step in.

Really the computer doesn't set a limit on the camshaft, the tuner does. A newer computer (0411) does make the tuning easier as there are more tables to access though.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score

I know the push fan in my truck only kicks on over 200 degrees, but with running a larger fan it keeps the coolant temps lower when the truck is running. I don't know about anyone else, but I think the push fan only works over a certain temp point. Unless you wired it to constant power with the key.

E-fans are pretty much the same principle as the push fan, just a whole lot more efficient at cooling and don't take near as much power as a clutch driven fan.

Personally I prefer my clutch fan/aux push fan;

You mentioned “but with running a larger fan it keeps the coolant temps lower when the truck is running”, does this mean you’ve replaced your stock clutch fan with larger blades?