The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nhyrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moates sells good stuff. I'm contemplating their tuning kit for my 95.but for 500 bucks... Meh... Just so I can haul a little better with my 4.3... Meh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

zstucker

Reaction score
I recently replaced the stereo in my 94 k1500 suburban with an aftermarket one and blew out one of the stock speakers shortly thereafter. Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot for event thinking the stock 25 year old ones would hold up. I am looking to replace all of the speakers with some aftermarket speakers and have one simple question. Is there enough slack in the factory wire harness to cut the factory speaker connectors and crimp spade connectors on or should I quit being cheap and order the adapters?

Side note: Anyone want a free factory radio from a 94 suburban? AFAIK there is nothing wrong with it, I just wanted something with an aux in. I can ship it to you!

I know it's been several months since you posted this, but I've been looking for a factory headset for my "94 K1500 Suburban. Any chance you still have this one?

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's been several months since you posted this, but I've been looking for a factory headset for my "94 K1500 Suburban. Any chance you still have this one?

Do you need just the main head unit, or the tape deck too? Is your underdash amp/control module still in place (usually is, but sometimes they get junked).

Ian Armier

Reaction score
New member here, hopefully this is a good place to ask. I have a 1995 Sierra 1500. TBI 350 and 4L60. I seem to be having a problem with my gauges. The fuel gauge is out to lunch it reads way over full when the tank is full and it jumps around when it gets to 1/4. I feel that may be the sending unit itself. Other than that my volts, oil pressure and Tac all seem sticky I guess you could say. The Tac is the worst. There is no smooth motion when the rpms increase and often times will get stuck at say 2000 rpm even when decelerating and coming to a stop. Any thoughts? Stepper motors maybe? If the stepper motors are the culprit does anyone know how hard they are to change on one of these clusters? Or should a guy just replace the whole cluster?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
Check all your grounds. These trucks like good ones or else all kinds of weird things happen. Maybe do the Big-3.

Mkking

Reaction score
I love the Moonie gauges in my husband's truck and I really don't want to switch to the needle style gauge but I can't find any information on how to rebuild the Moonie style instrument cluster does anyone out there have me part numbers for me I can do the soldering and all that other stuff with no problem

Lsp1369

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an OBD1 scan tool that will read transmission issues through the obd port? I have a 1995 Suburban with a 7.4 tbi and 4l80e. I'm just wanting to check to make sure all the transmission solenoids are working properly (or not) before I start throwing money at it.

I was looking at the actron cp9690, but I wasn't sure if it reads transmission codes.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an OBD1 scan tool that will read transmission issues through the obd port? I have a 1995 Suburban with a 7.4 tbi and 4l80e. I'm just wanting to check to make sure all the transmission solenoids are working properly (or not) before I start throwing money at it.

I was looking at the actron cp9690, but I wasn't sure if it reads transmission codes.
I have a snap-on brick (mt2500) and it reads my 4L60E in my 94. It should be able to read the 95 with a 4L80E as well. They are pretty cheap these days to.. I got mine from a seller I've got stuff from before on Ebay a long many years ago....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk