The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose the method I was prescribed above could be used to test this theory pretty easily. Jump 9V through the door speaker terminals on the wiring harness and see if they make a noise.
yes sir..... every time you touch and release one of those wires that speaker will pop

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In our '92 the wiper switch has stopped working. The fuse was blown, replaced it, wipers still didn't work. Pressed "wash" and it popped the fuse again. This is all after I broke down the steering column to tighten those famous E8 bolts. I have seen a few posts on this: is it typically an internal issue in the switch? Or is it more likely I nicked a wire during the work? Kind of in the bind of "tear it all down and hope to find the issue and not have to order and wait on a switch".

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
In our '92 the wiper switch has stopped working. The fuse was blown, replaced it, wipers still didn't work. Pressed "wash" and it popped the fuse again. This is all after I broke down the steering column to tighten those famous E8 bolts. I have seen a few posts on this: is it typically an internal issue in the switch? Or is it more likely I nicked a wire during the work? Kind of in the bind of "tear it all down and hope to find the issue and not have to order and wait on a switch".
Replacing the switch isn't so bad.

Ranch_Hand

Reaction score
Hello! 1996 Suburban k1500 6.5? My abs has been unplugged because it crashes the serial data network and the light was on. Scanner can’t communicate to pcm if abs is plugged in. Replaced abs module once and years later it happened again. Anyway, my cruise control doesn’t work and I’m wondering if it is tied to the ABS module somehow. If it is connected, is there a way to separate the two modules or “trick” the cruise control into working again? Thanks

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Have you tried replacing the wiper pulse board?
Dorman #88136.
3 screws & 10 minutes.

You must be registered for see images attach

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you tried replacing the wiper pulse board?
Dorman #88136.
3 screws & 10 minutes.

You must be registered for see images attach

Actually just got finished up, it ended up being a pinched wire in the column. Electrical taped and good to go. Do you know if the aftermarket pulse boards are for the intermittent wipers? It has an intermittent switch but a junkyard non-intermittent in there at the moment.

RatFink

Reaction score
Suppose this is a good place to ask this. In the process of a hidden subwoofer/5-Channel amp install in a suburban, and by process I mean I've started buying stuff. Does anyone know how the speaker wires are routed to the rear roof speakers of a 99 suburban or the path of least resistance to get there? Thanks in advance

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suppose this is a good place to ask this. In the process of a hidden subwoofer/5-Channel amp install in a suburban, and by process I mean I've started buying stuff. Does anyone know how the speaker wires are routed to the rear roof speakers of a 99 suburban or the path of least resistance to get there? Thanks in advance
If you're going under the rear seat with the amp, then just take that C pillar to the roof and run the down the edge of the roof to the speakers......