The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll try again to clean the sockets again and put bulbs and see if I can can fix it. If I can fix it i'll buy one of them new fangled cab lights w the built in leds for bout $30.I really don't need cab brake lights but the cargo lights would be useful for me.
df2x4 backed you up, so its all good. Im just not a a real trusting person. I wasn't picking on you, just seeing that many characters throws a red flag to me. It was more of a joke kind of comment more than anything else. Hope it didnt come across as anything else.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
df2x4 backed you up, so its all good. Im just not a a real trusting person. I wasn't picking on you, just seeing that many characters throws a red flag to me. It was more of a joke kind of comment more than anything else. Hope it didnt come across as anything else.

ya I tried twice to copy the thing and it filled the box both times. I sent it and it opened fine but I was curious about all that jibberjabber.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are these sealed beam?
I was wondering because the halo rgb kit says it won’t work with sealed beam
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Can any help me out on the ID of some wires under the dash? I just got my 89 running & I'm trying to fix everything up that I can find. Well these wires have me perplexed, where does that plug go? Would anyone have the slightest idea about those 3 (orange, white, black) spliced together like that?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Can any help me out on the ID of some wires under the dash? I just got my 89 running & I'm trying to fix everything up that I can find. Well these wires have me perplexed, where does that plug go? Would anyone have the slightest idea about those 3 (orange, white, black) spliced together like that?
The connector with the green and blue wires is your reverse lighting signal, should be plugged into the little module at the firewall end of the steering column. And personally, based on my knowledge of these trucks, orange, white, and black should NEVER be twisted together like that. Orange is generally hot, black is generally ground. White around that area I would think might be the dome light ground side. I have no idea what that purple wire would be for. You'd have to trace them back and find out where they go.

Reaction score
The connector with the green and blue wires is your reverse lighting signal, should be plugged into the little module at the firewall end of the steering column. And personally, based on my knowledge of these trucks, orange, white, and black should NEVER be twisted together like that. Orange is generally hot, black is generally ground. White around that area I would think might be the dome light ground side. I have no idea what that purple wire would be for. You'd have to trace them back and find out where they go.

Thank you brother, for real!

Tractor joe

Reaction score
New member and first post.. thanks for letting me joine..

I have a 89 gmc sierra c1500 with a 350 and 4l60e.

When I turn the key to on, some electric motor starts going, it's not the blower motor, almost sounds like a electric antenna motor, or something for the vents? But my truck has no electric antenna.. just trying to figure out what it is, it will also turn on when I turn the truck off, runs for about 10 seconds or so then stops..

Attachments

• 20210616_135743.jpg
    20210616_135743.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210615_121425.jpg
    20210615_121425.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 6