The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went out and bought a replacement switch since it's an easy fix, but the headlights still have the same cycle when the truck is on. For clarification when the truck is off, the lights cycle like you describe (off, parking, DRL/parking) but when I turn on the ignition, the DRL stay on (DRL only, DRL/parking, DRL/parking).

Is there another part I should check aside from the switch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

You’re right, I just learned something new.

I just checked mine (98) this morning and that’s how mine work . It only took me twenty years to figure that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 95 K1500 5-speed with the NV3500 transmission. I am putting in a double din radio and it requires a reverse signal for the backup camera I’m going to add. Is there an easy under the dash location to tap into this signal? I’m trying to avoid running a wire directly to the reverse switch on the transmission.

Thanks

Kevco2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck is a 1997 K1500 Suburban. Stock radio and CD player. The radio is no longer holding time correctly. Past few weeks, I have been noticing different jumps in how much the clock has been wrong by every day heading to work. It will jump randomly by hours... Anybody experienced such a thing?

Bryan Wochna

Reaction score
Dumb question, just cause I'm on the fence about how many LEDs I put in my truck. Do you think its possible to go over board on LEDs on the interior of trucks?

deckeda

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, a 10 year old thread and searching within it has no search result hits for "antenna cable extension".

Seems odd; when looking at radios and radio dash kits for these trucks I keep seeing available antenna cable extensions. I'm starting to take the hint.

So here's my stupid question(s). Will I need one? Is the factory antenna cable super short, and aftermarket radio chassis universally short such that it won't reach? Or is the factory antenna cable not a standard Motorola type and these extensions are actually adapters?

Thanks.

[Edit] Just found the answer. Yes the plugs are different and the stock antenna cable isn't a traditional Motorola.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or is the factory antenna cable not a standard Motorola type and these extensions are actually adapters?

This is the case with many vehicles. I don't remember if these trucks are that way, but I know I did use the extensions in both of my '97s. Whether or not I actually needed them I couldn't tell you.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I need to know the wedge base bulb number for a 1993 Ovehead console ac/heat control panel. There are two and are much smaller than a 194 but plug in the same way. also what does the 25 amp fuse in the 4wd slot go to on my 2wd?

Last edited:

amsterdam96

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering converting from an aftermarket PCM (Accel EFI & 4L80E) with a swapped engine to a twin carb set up if I can't fix my EFI. Does anyone have experience toying with the on-board computer. How hard is sit to find Transmission Control Module that is compatible with a 502? I've read that some TCM's just need to be connected to a crank position sensor and a rev counter? Is it really that straightforward?