The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I just bought new headlight bulbs high and low beam, for now I’m using the OE housings. And I can’t figure how to replace the bulbs because they are hidden Behind a bunch of metal.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I just bought new headlight bulbs high and low beam, for now I’m using the OE housings. And I can’t figure how to replace the bulbs because they are hidden Behind a bunch of metal.

See those two silver studs sticking up out of the holes between the grille and the radiator support with the tiny hex heads on them? Put a socket on those and pull them out. Then the entire headlight housing will slide out the front of the grille.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
See those two silver studs sticking up out of the holes between the grille and the radiator support with the tiny hex heads on them? Put a socket on those and pull them out. Then the entire headlight housing will slide out the front of the grille.

Also be careful when removing the studs. Due to their length and location, breaking or stripping them out is very easy. Previous owner did that to one of mine, so I have to remove the whole grille to replace the high beam bulbs.

Iowan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I tried some different wording in my search and came up with that video too.
Also be careful when removing the studs. Due to their length and location, breaking or stripping them out is very easy. Previous owner did that to one of mine, so I have to remove the whole grille to replace the high beam bulbs.
I'll make sure I'm careful

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the HVAC controls supposed to be illuminated on a 94 suburban? Mine aren't and I feel like they should be...

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 95 ECSB Silverado. The turn signals work but I have an intermittent ticking sound as I drive around. It sounds like a turn signal running but the turn signals are not on. Any ideas?

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
I have a 95 ECSB Silverado. The turn signals work but I have an intermittent ticking sound as I drive around. It sounds like a turn signal running but the turn signals are not on. Any ideas?

I’ve heard of the flasher in the convenience center under the dash making this noise, especially if it’s a flasher for led lights.

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check on that but I don't have LED lights. How do I go about fixing it?

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you pinpoint the sound to that location I bet a new regular flasher. If you pull yours and it’s a four pin this one should work...

http://a.co/fQBxguK