The Stupid Axle Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You implying you know something?
I know that stuff works as good as unicorn boogers for removing frustrating rusted items. Oklahoma farmers enlightened me and I try to pass it on. Other than that I Google everything.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that stuff works as good as unicorn boogers for removing frustrating rusted items. Oklahoma farmers enlightened me and I try to pass it on. Other than that I Google everything.
Probably works great, thanks, I just don’t see how it applies to my question.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably works great, thanks, I just don’t see how it applies to my question.
I just went back and read. I thought I commented on the stuck fill plug.

This is what I did for my semi float 14 bolt. Didn’t have to change anything with my hydro boost swap. Works extremely well and you can disco the rear brakes for burnouts or torn brake line if need be.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went back and read. I thought I commented on the stuck fill plug.

This is what I did for my semi float 14 bolt. Didn’t have to change anything with my hydro boost swap. Works extremely well and you can disco the rear brakes for burnouts or torn brake line if need be.

You went back and re-read my question? Try again, I’m asking about EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLES- not brake lines.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You went back and re-read my question? Try again, I’m asking about EMERGENCY BRAKE CABLES- not brake lines.
It’s line a hydraulic line lock.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It works very well.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, thanks, but I had a specific question and your modification is not what I’m looking for.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup
I’ll see if I can’t dig em up. Good luck man I know it can be frustrating sometimes.

Ty1er

Reaction score
---Rear-end Swap---
Need to replace the rear axle on my 97 k1500, it currently has the 10-bolt 8.5" with 3.73 gears...what's left of them anyway. I have a 1999 parts truck that I'm wondering if I could use the rear-end from to put on my 97. I'll have to check the ratio on it but if the gears are the same could I swap it over? If so what kind of project would it be/would it be more cost effective than a junkyard? I'm plenty capable of doing the work just don't have the experience.
Also could anyone tell me if the "H-04/21/04-B" that's stamped on the side of the gear in the second picture is a date/manufacturer stamp? The guy at the transmission shop thinks it could be(due to the fact that it is a 1997 model truck with disc brakes on the rear axle).
You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks