The Stupid Axle Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wouldnt push it that far...i know diesel power got some insane numbers off a reg cab dodge dually. but the point is his truck prob didnt look like an aerodynamic space ship so i doubt it. if you tried i bet you could get great numbers off that truck, but thats about all youd get out of it at that point.

unstable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GQ1 -- AXLE REAR, STD RATIO is my favorite...standard ratio? lol...

wild_chld1

Reaction score
thanx for the reply,i have a 2500 for parts with a 117000 km with 4 10 gears ,4l80e,and i planned on putting these parts on my 1500 then the whole power train on the k1500 ecsb will be good for a while

bustamovej

Reaction score
hi i have an 89 gmc 3500 with a 454 and th400. would it be possible to have a 1 ton rear axle with a 10 bolt axle housing or diff cover? the reason i ask is cause i have 8 lugs front and rear but the diff cover has a 10 bolt pattern.

bustamovej

Reaction score
yea i kno thats what i dont get. and i doubt anyone swapped the axle or hubs because my grandpa owned the truck and bought it used in 91. could the original owner have swapped the axle and changed hubs?