The 'Stuff I Build' thread. Or...the 'Why I don't have a build thread', thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of the others, just in this building.

'50 Meteor Kustom.

You must be registered for see images attach

'46 Plymouth.

'33 Ford Pick-up HotRod. SBC/T350/9"

'63 Galaxie. 390/4gear.

Next time I'm out at this shop, I'll try to get some pix in the other building & the vehicles in it.
I think that's a 1964 on the lift. Maybe ?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
You do good work. I'm Not surprised collectors of that level pick you for their one of a kind stuff. Not to mention you're a pretty cool guy. At least from your posts on here.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Guess I should update this a bit.
Been busy.
A lot of the big projects I've been working on in the 17 months since the last posting, are long-termers.
I'd rather wait until they're done so that I can post up completed project pix.
Because of the time it takes some of the owners to complete their rides due to either the hunt for parts needed to get the job done, (Some of these vehicles are fairly uncommon or low production) or having to deal with suppliers getting stuff wrong, (I'll get to that.) or, because some of these guys with the big bucks are getting on & they're not as speedy as they once were. Especially the ones that build their own. The Check-Book-Rodders are still going strong. Not that hard to do when others are doing the builds for them, but I don't have any work from those guys in the shop right now.
Many times, for the home-builders, the vehicle is the escape from the rest of the world as they tinker on the finest details. But they can't escape life & sometimes that gets in the way. The downsizing & resultant moves, marriages, births & the passing of spouses &/or family members throws a wrench in the plans & the project stalls. I have 4 major projects on hold right now, for various reasons.
Plus...I'm the only guy in the shop here. I can only produce so much over a given time.
I work on the jobs in the order that they are booked in. Never more than 2 at a time. That way, I have 2 happy customers instead of 4 guys saying..."Hey man! Where's my stuff?"
When a job is on hold, I move to the next one on the list. When that on-hold job is ready to be worked on again, things go sideways pretty quick. Suddenly, I'm working 16 hours a day & it still appears as if I've gotten nothing completed at the end of the day.
So while these projects are stagnant, I've been working on smaller faster fill-in jobs as I wait for the big-project owner's lives to get back to some semblance of normalcy.
O.K. Enough of the excuses.
Some pix.

A Mercedes 380SL top.

Have more. Next post...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
C-10 seat. A kit cover, but the rest is all new from the springs up.

B-Felt. A traditional padding/filler for seats of the era & older. Fills in any flaws & gives the seat that proper old-time feel. Basically a raw cotton. This is the stuff the rodents just love!

Yea. It'll fit!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Done. The gap between the backrest & cushion will get smaller as the cover stretches out & relaxes with use & a few good hot days with the vehicle's windows up.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The interior.
Hoo boy. This has been sliced & diced six ways from Sunday.
The trans tunnel has been raised 4" to accommodate the drivetrain. This required a custom-made set of carpets.
Then the back 1/2 of the floor has been severely modded to make way for the suspension. No way a factory seat frame will ever fit that. The rear seat used was one from an import. Another round of mods. Cut down & narrowed. Modded the original cover to fit. A lot!
Then, even the C4 dash was installed. Because of it's size, the seats had to be mounted 6" back. And with that, the floor pan/firewall under the dash was also moved back 6". The car's got 3 pedals so this was kind of important. But one advantage...made more room under the hood allowing for the engine to be moved rearward, benefitting the front/rear weight bias!
The front seats chosen are out of the same import. Leather. They won't be touched. But that created another problem. They sat too tall in the car. Solution? Drop the floor pan 4" just under where the seats mount. The original style floorpan was installed before the seats were chosen. Under the knife again she goes!

Pix!

Rear backrest frame modded. 8" reduced in height.

Last edited: