The Street Wheel and Tire Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hxc93

Reaction score
Anyone running a 295/50R15 on a 10 inch wheel in the rear? I have the tire on an 8 inch wheel with a 5 inch backspace right now, but I don't like the way the sidewall balloons way out from the rim. Just trying to figure out what kind of backspacing I would need to run a 10 inch wide wheel on a 4/6 lowered 2wd truck.

cgrez33

Reaction score
What's the biggest tire size I can fit on a stock suspension 97 Z71?

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm planning on finding some other wheels to run on my '97 C1500 so I don't have to run my current ones through another Michigan winter. I really look the looks of the 3rd Gen rally wheels but don't know if they would fit with the disc brakes. Anyone try this?

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, still wondering about the 3rd gen Rally wheels but I also have found several sets of Jeep rims with the 5x5 pattern. I'm just wondering if these will fit, and if anyone here has run them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run a 15x10 2wd with a 4in backspace no rubbing at all.
Is your truck a lowered 2-wheel drive ? What size tires are you running ? I've got a 91 rcsb lowered 6" in the rear. It's got 15x8 Corvette style rally's with 5" backspace and 285x70x15's and there is very little space between the sidewall and the fender lip. And the lips are rolled. Thanks for any info you can give me.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, still wondering about the 3rd gen Rally wheels but I also have found several sets of Jeep rims with the 5x5 pattern. I'm just wondering if these will fit, and if anyone here has run them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Just an update. I located some 15" GMT400 Rally wheels in decent shape w/beauty rings and center caps. Had some 31x10.2x15 winter tires mounted on them. Rears are Wrangler Silent Armors (loved these on my F250 plow truck), fronts are Firestone Destinations. They look very similar and since it's a 2wd, I'm not concerned about them not matching. All like new so they should work well for snow.

They don't dress the truck up like the summer combo does IMHO, but I think if I paint the wheels I think they'll look ok. I'm leaning towards just matching the silver of the truck. Any thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking for a 245/75/16 to use for daily driving have a great set for off road/bad weather use just not enough gear for the 33s. I need a tire that will hook and do decent in rain. Street or all terrain. my truck has 3.42s andcan't afford to change it. tire must be E rated and 3 ply sidewall is ideal. any suggestions?