The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention how straight the body is. I haven't explicitly gone dent hunting, only saw one ding on the thing so far. I'm on leave this week, so will try my luck at the pull and pay first to try and target my need for instant gratification, but if I strike out I'll keep you in mind Brody.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention how straight the body is. I haven't explicitly gone dent hunting, only saw one ding on the thing so far. I'm on leave this week, so will try my luck at the pull and pay first to try and target my need for instant gratification, but if I strike out I'll keep you in mind Brody.
It's just been sitting; I thought about throwing it in my K2500 but my truck came factory with the K47, plus I'm debating building a true CAI for it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220919_204935150.jpg
    PXL_20220919_204935150.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 13

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love CCSB's!!! thats why I have 2!!!! looks like a solid truck tho, fenders cheap and easy to get. Too bad weren't closer I'd give you the front off my 99 that's getting SAS'd at some point....

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It's just been sitting; I thought about throwing it in my K2500 but my truck came factory with the K47, plus I'm debating building a true CAI for it.

You have a tru CAI sitting right there in the picture. What don't you like about it? K47 is just a larger filter element that goes in the same box.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have a tru CAI sitting right there in the picture. What don't you like about it? K47 is just a larger filter element that goes in the same box.
The biggest thing about the factory intake is the damn accordion neck; my IATs are ridiculous in the summer time, so I was going to go with some tubing from SiliconeIntakes, build an aluminum box, and wrap everything in an unhealthy amount of heat wrap.

Plus I think it'll look cooler.... actually I think that's the only reason.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The biggest thing about the factory intake is the damn accordion neck; my IATs are ridiculous in the summer time, so I was going to go with some tubing from SiliconeIntakes, build an aluminum box, and wrap everything in an unhealthy amount of heat wrap.

I always wanted to use polished copper on my old Mk3 Supra. I even had a piece of old copper sewer pipe to do it. I ended up selling the car, Though.

I'm not sure what my IAT's do while driving. I just don't look at them much. I really should get a better scanner or software to look at that stuff. My old OTC scanner is clunky.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Silicone intakes is less than 10 minutes from my house. They let me wander around once, pretty impressive setup. Of course they're also Frozen Boost and a couple other companies. I'll miss being able to just drive over there to get stuff.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Glad you found a solid plow truck and family hauler combo! The newer plow designs are pretty easy to attach and detach as needed in the winter.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What a unit. Good score! Reminds me of my truck except short bed, same interior also.

I was thinking similar at some point... even just a 45* elbow to ditch the resonator and replace that mess. Kind of a solution in search of a problem, but might "clean the engine bay" look up a bit. IDK, but thinking along those lines as well.