The Overhead Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nascarguy320

Reaction score
I just installed mine in my 97 2dr Tahoe and its a simple install, I have blue interior but would like to change it out to grey and no power windows or mirrors, I believe its a base model truck but its 4x4.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just got mine in tonight after changing the headliner material color. just eyeballed it.

and whoever said to use 1/2 inch screws was wrong. i wound up with 1 1/4 on all three mounts, and they still never bottomed out. granted, ive got quiote a bit of extra soun ddeadening and insulation in mine, so my headliner sits about 1 inch lower than factory.

now to start the search for the blank panel. mine came out of a suburban with rear air.

Michael

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
is there a spot on the fuse block or a specific place for the courtesy lights to be wired into? i have a reg cab..

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
is there a spot on the fuse block or a specific place for the courtesy lights to be wired into? i have a reg cab..

I spliced my overhead light into the map lights on the console.