The Overhead Console Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
After finding out that the OHC that I picked from the junkyard was too long for my son's truck, we found a shorter one from another junkyard. Finally got around to installing it yesterday along with the ntu headliner that we pulled from another donor truck. Cleaned it as best as possible and then shot it with some Duplicolor fabric paint. Had to use 1 1/2" screws to secure the OHC to the roof.

All in all, a great mod and a great time to spend with my son working on his truck.

1995 Chevy Cheyenne HD 2500 W/T

You must be registered for see images attach

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good man, I love the one I put in my 94. I put the LEDs in the map lights, and it works out great.

7echo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After finding out that the OHC that I picked from the junkyard was too long for my son's truck, we found a shorter one from another junkyard. Finally got around to installing it yesterday along with the ntu headliner that we pulled from another donor truck. Cleaned it as best as possible and then shot it with some Duplicolor fabric paint. Had to use 1 1/2" screws to secure the OHC to the roof.

All in all, a great mod and a great time to spend with my son working on his truck.

1995 Chevy Cheyenne HD 2500 W/T

What truck did you end up getting the console from?

Looks great, and good for you guys working together.

Brian9o12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i bought a ohc On ebay
i want to get rid of the hvac controls and put something in its place. But i dont know what. I was thinking like a digital time/ temp display or something? Idk what's yalls thoughts.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are they still available?
Found them..... I have 3 of 1 color and that single almost black one.... so I still have all the ones in the pic that are not scratched out..<br /><br />sent from what use to be a great country...

sent from what use to be a great country...

Splat

Reaction score
Guys, I've been searching but only finding answers for more recent year Suburbans. I've got a 94 Suburban with both map bulbs burnt out. I've got the actual map housings out of the front overhead console but for the life of me can't figure how to remove the reflector and/or bulb. Any help is big time appreciated. Thanks.

Splat

Reaction score
Forget it. I got it. I feel like an idiot but when you're pushing on/against brittle plastic caution is the word of the day. I wasn't pressing the reflector in hard enough to be able to turn it cc to disengage itself from the map housing. I got them done now. What a difference with the LED's. Thanks for making this place great, guys. Cheers!

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there anywhere in this thread or on another that has a detaileddescription of how to remove consoles? I want one for my 91 RCSB. I have a homelink panel to drop in too. But i have yet to find a nice one already down in a junk yard and cant for the life of me figure out how they come down.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk