The overdone question of lifting a 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan Eckert

Reaction score
I have a 2000 ccsb c2500 and was looking at doing a spindle lift with 2” spacer and 3”. Body lift just looking to see if it’s doable. Already looking at the upper control arms from airbagit.com

Reaction score
I've done the 4in spindle from RC and 2in ball joint spacer and flip as well as a 1.25in coil lift. My camber is absolutely horrible but I plan on addressing it. Please keep us posted on the Airbagit control arms. I've really been considering them but I've also already purchased the camber kit for knockouts as well as the offset control arm bushings. I'm thinking it'll be worth it to return them if those control arms work but I'm not sure if I want to take the leap and purchase them just yet.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a93 c1500 and it’s on a 6in rc lift and slightly rubs on the right I’m planning on upgrading the UCA’s as well

Calikov

Reaction score
I had a RC 4" spindle lift on my C1500... brand new 285/75/16 Cooper AT3's on 16x8" 4.0" backspace. I had to trim the inner edge of the front bumper and fender slightly. Looked great, drove great!
You must be registered for see images attach

BUT THEN I had to slam the brakes to avoid a crash with a bed full of dirt bikes and camping gear. I sheared the brand new Moog upper ball joint in half, knuckle twisted around and set down in full KaCHOW MOD.

A uniball upper control arm would have helped, but still... I now am weary and would stay away from these type of lifts. Body lift is far safer. LCA drop would be nice, don't think anyone makes one for a 2wd though.

EDIT: added pics

Last edited: